Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By jimgravy
  • 1 Post By Phil Hendy
  • 2 Post By jimgravy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2, the most shockingly competent phone on the market!

Greetings everyone! Being a proud owner of a new LG G2 (on T MO, for the first time), I am shocked at the capabilities and smoothness of this device. I spent many years holding onto Samsung, but have now convincingly cut that cord! Goodbye expandable SD card (don't need it)...goodbye removable battery (this battery is awesome). I am soo sick and tired of the Geek media slamming the new configuration of the power/volume buttons. Either they are the most uncoordinated bafoons using a phone or the most spoiled bunch of crybabies (hey, don't mess with my buttons, this is an industry standard) I have ever seen. LG had the cahoona's to shake up the market, take on Samsung and flatten them in their own back yard! I tip my hat to you LG. As I reach for this phone in my pocket, my finger is already on power button, pull it out, double tap and I am in business. Perform task, double tap, screen off, back in pocket... Shockingly competent! Screaming fast, great camera, no lag and I love an underdog!! Eye candy for these old eyes, and so glad I didn't get a Note 3. Bring on KitKat 4.4 and it's lights out!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 4:
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Default Re: LG G2, the most shockingly competent phone on the market!

I agree completely... But it's buffoons, and cajones... Just sayin'...

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jimgravy View Post
    Greetings everyone! Being a proud owner of a new LG G2 (on T MO, for the first time), I am shocked at the capabilities and smoothness of this device. I spent many years holding onto Samsung, but have now convincingly cut that cord! Goodbye expandable SD card (don't need it)...goodbye removable battery (this battery is awesome). I am soo sick and tired of the Geek media slamming the new configuration of the power/volume buttons. Either they are the most uncoordinated bafoons using a phone or the most spoiled bunch of crybabies (hey, don't mess with my buttons, this is an industry standard) I have ever seen. LG had the cahoona's to shake up the market, take on Samsung and flatten them in their own back yard! I tip my hat to you LG. As I reach for this phone in my pocket, my finger is already on power button, pull it out, double tap and I am in business. Perform task, double tap, screen off, back in pocket... Shockingly competent! Screaming fast, great camera, no lag and I love an underdog!! Eye candy for these old eyes, I and so glad I didn't get a Note 3. Bring on KitKat 4.4 and it's lights out!

I have to disagree on the camera, it takes great pictures in decent light but the focus is often too slow for snapping the kids, and at night the video -especially outdoors in street lighting is a smeary mess, fix those issues and the phone is damn near perfect.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you for the correct spelling, it more clearly states my facts! As for the camera, I guess I'm not as fussy as most. My Canon SD700 with just 6 megapixels still takes incredible photos and my go to device when images count. Yes I carry both, but the convenience of using the G2 to take a quality shot and upload fast far exceeds my expectations.

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgravy View Post
    Greetings everyone! Being a proud owner of a new LG G2 (on T MO, for the first time), I am shocked at the capabilities and smoothness of this device. I spent many years holding onto Samsung, but have now convincingly cut that cord! Goodbye expandable SD card (don't need it)...goodbye removable battery (this battery is awesome). I am soo sick and tired of the Geek media slamming the new configuration of the power/volume buttons. Either they are the most uncoordinated bafoons using a phone or the most spoiled bunch of crybabies (hey, don't mess with my buttons, this is an industry standard) I have ever seen. LG had the cahoona's to shake up the market, take on Samsung and flatten them in their own back yard! I tip my hat to you LG. As I reach for this phone in my pocket, my finger is already on power button, pull it out, double tap and I am in business. Perform task, double tap, screen off, back in pocket... Shockingly competent! Screaming fast, great camera, no lag and I love an underdog!! Eye candy for these old eyes, and so glad I didn't get a Note 3. Bring on KitKat 4.4 and it's lights out!

Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hendy View Post
    I have to disagree on the camera, it takes great pictures in decent light but the focus is often too slow for snapping the kids, and at night the video -especially outdoors in street lighting is a smeary mess, fix those issues and the phone is damn near perfect.

Go over to xda and flash Xdabbeb's Camera v1.2.0

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
    Go over to xda and flash Xdabbeb's Camera v1.2.0

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, I did know but that requires root which I am holding off for the time being, the official Korean apk will come along soon enough, that said if there's no show by February 1st then I will root and apply the fix

Jastow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    I agree completely... But it's buffoons, and cajones... Just sayin'...

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    Cojones, mate, cojones.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Da BALLS!!! LG had the nutsack, the jewels, the boys and the guts not to conform, to step out on a limb (hopefully not fall on their nutsack) to bring a new configuration of da volume and da power button...you would think I live in Chicago but I don't and hate da Bears!

Thanked by: