1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default An interesting find on LG G2

Hello everyone. Does anyone use the app "Camera Block" that disables the camera service so other sneaky apps can't be taking random photos from your phone (shush, NSA)? When I used this app to lock the camera, and tried to use the stock LG widget app Flashlight...a statement came up saying camera service is disabled and the Flashlight would not turn on??????!! OK, I might ask, would the Flashlight app need the camera service on to function? Is it that the LED light to be turned on has to have camera service running? When I do use the Flashlight app is it taking sneaky photos of what I am illuminating? Haha, don't laugh, I drank too many Monster Energy drinks this evening and probably made me over-paranoid!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Default Re: An interesting find on LG G2

Well yes. Android applications which make use of the device's flash use an API which permits it access to the camera, as that is required for the flash to turn on. Don't worry, there are no pictures actually being 'taken' while these apps function.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX