Anything I Need to do Special for Battery When first Getting the Phone?

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought my LG G2 back on November 23. Last Saturday I spoke with T-Mobile CS and they are sending me out a new phone to replace this one. The reason? It dropped 6% in ten minutes when I was using WiFi to browse the web with nothing else going on. I checked task manager and nothing was running except for Chrome. Earlier that day, with WiFi off, data off and nothing in task manager, it dropped 10% in 2 1/2 hours with no usage.

Is there anything I need to do in order to "prime" the battery so to speak with this new phone? I have heard wonderful things about the battery life, and I want to make sure that I am not doing something wrong.

The night I got the phone, I was surprised to find it fully charged. After a few hours of playing around with it and it seemed to do well with battery life while using it, I put it on the charger and went to sleep. I use battery doctor and it informed me that the charge was normal and not overcharged. In the two+ weeks I have had the phone, I have only ever had to overcharge once and one full charge (battery less than 20%). I am using the stock ROM (don't want to root because of warranty, plus last time I tried to root my Nokia Nuron I bricked it) and don't use Facebook except for messenger app that is being used as a replacement for my stock app for it's chat heads feature. I am also using stock theme.

Thanks in advance.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No priming necessary for lithiums. Although having said that, LG do recommend that the first thing you do when you get your phone is to plug in the charger and charge it fully (maybe til about half hour after it says fully charged) before switching on
Keep the battery topped up and avoid dischaging it (lithiums don't like being completely dischanged).

What you could do is download an app such as GSam battery meter or Better battery stats so that you can see what's using the battery in different circumstances.
These are GSam battery monitor and Better battery stats
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en&token=TZ2njhur
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ksven.betterbatterystats&hl=en&token=5Dm0GQTG

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463