What is "sensors.qcom" and why is it using so much battery?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out what sensors.qcom is and why it's draining so much battery. According to GSam battery, it was the main reason for battery drain today. I lost around 20% just sitting in my glove box during 8 hours of work. A Google search turned up pretty much nothing.

Posted via Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Any way to post screenshot using the AC app? Don't see it.

I don't have many apps installed at all. EBay, AC, SwiftKey, box, drive, Chrome, YouTube, Gmail, instagram, maps. That's pretty much it.

I noticed a few days ago it had high usage and thought it was related to the qvoice app that's baked into the phone. After disabling it, sensors.qcom showed minimal usage. Today it was back on top.

Posted via Android Central App

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. One more. I can't see how to edit my post.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1391565479301.jpg
    1391565479301.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 63

cbierwagen

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Have a Droid Max and just started noticing my battery drain- this sensor.qcom is taking up 26% battery. Can not stop or figure a way to stop it? Any ideas?

Kimpal Gala

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Probably too late.... but I noticed that stopping auto rorate feature stops sensors.qcom process.
It still pops up every now and then, but most of the time its gone.

spix1

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Probably too late.... but I noticed that stopping auto rorate feature stops sensors.qcom process.
It still pops up every now and then, but most of the time its gone.

It's a glitch with the phones sensors in general that causes high cpu usage, not just auto rotate.The toggling of sensors on/off makes things start working normally again. Next time you see it, check the sensors tab in cpu-z. All sensors are non functional. There will also be millions of wakelocks caused by sensors.qcom in wakelock detector kernel tab.