LG G2 - Android system battery drain

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I would try rebooting it and letting the os settle in. My lg g2 did the same thing when I first got it. I'm on 4.2.2 though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
sysopchris,
obviously you kernel and Google services are out of control. I would back up your data and do a factory reset, especially since u say it started after upgrading to kit Kat. sometimes a clean install is best, even with an upgrade.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

SysopChris

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I was afraid that the possible fix would be to do that. Won't be the first time. I am curious about something. What version will the factory reset install? When I upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 did my 'restore image' also get modified?

SysopChris

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I would try rebooting it and letting the os settle in. My lg g2 did the same thing when I first got it. I'm on 4.2.2 though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you for the info. but unfortunately since I noticed this change in battery behavior I have already done just that.

SysopChris

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
You'll stay on KitKat after a reset

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Ok, interesting, then I have to wonder if a factory reset will alleviate the problem I'm having. Since reading the suggestion I have been backing up the phone using the PC LG software and also my media.

SysopChris

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Finally both back-ups are finished (LG software back-up & media) so after restoring the OS I'll be happy to post my results in the hope that someone can determine the problem that apparently I am not the only one dealing with.

SysopChris

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Restore thru LG PC Suite is complete after factory reset. I'll give GSam time to collect data and post screen captures here tomorrow. Is that enough time? If this gets my battery life to pre - 4.4.2 then I want thank everyone who's posted in this thread.
BTW: This was my first (and hopefully last) factory restore after upgrading to 4.4.2 and it's put me at; Android Version 4.4.2 & Kernel version 3.4.0.

Regards,
Chris