Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question LG G2 - Android system battery drain

Hello,
    I have my lg g2 for almost a week and my bro also has it . On my G2 as I attached the screen shots in the battery usage shows the android system used 54% and this is too high even more than the screen, but my brother G2 its not like this. I want to know is it normal or not? I have only 3 days to return it, should I return it?
    I am on Sprint network. all the location access is off. i don't use google + , hangout and any other google services except google play. I have only one email that use to sync my contacts. GPS, NFS and Bluetooth (Just used BT to send the screen shots to my computer) are always off.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2013-12-15-02-58-19.jpg   LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2013-12-15-02-58-28.jpg   LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2013-12-15-02-58-48.jpg   LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2013-12-15-03-04-33.jpg   LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2013-12-15-03-04-46.jpg  

LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2013-12-15-03-04-54.jpg  

Default Re: LG G2 - Android system battery drain

First try to reset the phone and see if the problem persists, if it does, return it, my Android system never goes more then 30% and my settings are exactly like yours, though mine is an international version.

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk

Why are you worried? You have almost 7 hours of use, and your battery is still at 75%. And you have another 31 hours before your battery is used up.
    How much more battery life were you expecting?
    Your phone is perfectly fine. Do not return it. Do not reset your phone. Just be happy that you purchased a great phone with a battery that will last more than almost any other phone out there.
    Adawg1203 likes this.

Wow, didn't noticed that, you don't have any problem with your phone, 75% after 7 hours is excellent although the screen time is really low for 25% down, still I would check it out

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk

I have same issue... I've disabled stuff and still Android System uses 30-40% of battery... I''ve got about 4 hrs screen time with 20% left at 60% brightness which is average. .. I expected more....

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post
    I have same issue... I've disabled stuff and still Android System uses 30-40% of battery... I''ve got about 4 hrs screen time with 20% left at 60% brightness which is average. .. I expected more....

Download GSam battery monitor then post back after you've charged it fully and used it for about a day. Post a screenshot of the front page (where it says how long it's been awake, how much is being used by the screen, how much is being used by the radio, etc)

This is GSam battery montor

Quote Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post

4 hrs screen time with 20% battery left is more than i get. if this is considered low, then my phone is performing abysmally.

Hmmm i get about 6 hours screen on time with about 50% left

Quote Originally Posted by RobotHeaven View Post
    Hmmm i get about 6 hours screen on time with about 50% left
    do you take any additional measures (such as turning off 4G, lowering brightness)? do you have facebook / gmail / regular email pushing normally? what browser do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
    do you take any additional measures (such as turning off 4G, lowering brightness)? do you have facebook / gmail / regular email pushing normally? what browser do you use?
    Yup, usually brightness at lowest level, disabling as much as i can (eg chrome, google+, etc), auto sync for google stuff, using LG stuff rather than 3rd party for most things (eg messaging, notes, etc), all location services switched off, 4G switched off (since i found that 4G was disconnecting and reconnecting every now and again ), wifi on whenever i can use it, and google now(i need to find a way to disable it) is never used. Ohn and only using one widget - calendar

I use the native browser (not chrome because i disabled that. The other one).

It looks normal to me.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

My screen on time was about an hour and 30 minutes earlier and my battery was at 40%. I think a lot of it was the fact that I didn't have great service, but I did have airplane mode on for a while. So idk, hopefully it gets better.

brand new LG G2. The battery is dead by 6 PM everyday. it seems like it auto-launches apps that drain the battery. How do I stop Amazon, Voicemail, Voicemate, etc from draining my battery when I am not using them?

Quote Originally Posted by professor synthesis View Post
    brand new LG G2. The battery is dead by 6 PM everyday. it seems like it auto-launches apps that drain the battery. How do I stop Amazon, Voicemail, Voicemate, etc from draining my battery when I am not using them?
    How many hours of screen time are you getting? I usually get between 7-9 hours on screen.

You can use Greenify to prevent apps from draining battery when their not being used.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by professor synthesis View Post
    it seems like it auto-launches apps that drain the battery. How do I stop Amazon, Voicemail, Voicemate, etc from draining my battery when I am not using them?
    Personally i would doubt that very much. The auto launching apps don't use any CPU cycles because they do nothing but simply exist in memory. The android system loads them into memory when it believes they're going to be used, and then kills them off after a while. Honestly don' t worry about them.

If you haven't already install a battery monitor such as this

and then have a look at the "held awake" section to see what you get after about a day.

Battery issue seems to be linked to G2's pre-installed app.
    Last edited by bloodyg2; 01-22-2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Pending check

Hello, I have the same problem , please post if you fix-it.
    This happening after i have update him to 4.4.2
    I have my phone from more than 2 months with 4.2.2 and with 3 email accounts on (yahoo,gmail and one bussines) ,all sync on, 3g,wifi, whatsapp battery was holding 30-32 hours , with 4.4.2 no more than 15 hours....

Problem solved with phone reset,now android services is on 15%
    Last edited by danielchitu; 03-20-2014 at 04:38 PM.

I also have the LG G2 and was very happy with the battery life until I updated to 4.4.2 about 2 weeks ago. That's without a doubt when the phone started having this battery life problem. The system update was the only change I made so that's how I know. I will get the battery monitor app mentioned in a previous posting here so I will have some real-time data to present tomorrow. Right now I'm just glad to know this isn't an isolated problem with only my phone. Currently my Android System is at 26%. I got 5.5 hrs. today until full battery drain with screen set to auto and 7% and no voice calls, Wifi on and Location Services on.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

BTW: I would like to know if anyone has just uninstalled KitKat to remedy the problem.

Here are my screen captures from the app GSam. After it has more time running for a more accurate analysis I'll upload another capture.

LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2014-03-22-09-17-57.jpg

LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2014-03-22-09-18-46.jpg

LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2014-03-22-09-21-15.jpg

I read that there is a know camera bug with KitKat that people with Skype are having

Try deleting Skype if you have it and see if that might be the issue

Here's my latest. Does anybody know what's going with the battery consumption on the model phone since KitKat?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

LG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2014-03-22-21-56-32.jpgLG G2 - Android system battery drain-screenshot_2014-03-22-21-57-06.jpg

I haven't used Skype in awhile but it is installed. I'll uninstall and let you know if it helps.

Thnx...

I would try rebooting it and letting the os settle in. My lg g2 did the same thing when I first got it. I'm on 4.2.2 though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

sysopchris,
    obviously you kernel and Google services are out of control. I would back up your data and do a factory reset, especially since u say it started after upgrading to kit Kat. sometimes a clean install is best, even with an upgrade.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast