G2 headphone port issue

CamZo

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys... My earphone jack used to work perfectly and it had that click sound when you put the headphone jack in... Now my head phone jack just slides in.. It doesn't go click and phone doesn't pick up the headphones. I have no idea what went wrong? Any solutions

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
There have been a good handful of people including myself having issues with the headphone jack. For me, it snaps in, BUT the slightest touch causes the headphones to lose connection and music pushes to the speakerphone. Now I have to get a replacement, purely because of the nasty headphone jack issue. Sucks that I'll have to get a refurb. Anyways, if it's not locking in, the internal springs are probably failing just like mine.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably lint in the jack. Use a paper clip to reach inside and get the lint out. Worked for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CamZo

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the replies... Will try cleaning it first... Hope it works.. It's December and I don't want to send my phone in.. Will probably get it next year only.. LG after service is bad in South Africa

CamZo

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried cleaning it.. Found nothing... The headphone jack goes in 3 quarter of the way and then stops. It is so annoying, I use my headphones a lot

Keski

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried cleaning it.. Found nothing... The headphone jack goes in 3 quarter of the way and then stops. It is so annoying, I use my headphones a lot

Hi,
I noticed today that the headphone jack may need a firm push to go all the way in. This is true both for the LG G2 and the LG G Pad. If the plug is only partially inserted the sound may work but any cord remote will likely not, and the plug will easily pull out. So, try gently but firmly pushing the plug in a bit further. If you push it all the way in and there is no click then your spring is probably busted and you should get your unit replaced.

Good luck!

puritt

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks KESKI for your input...it worked for me.
Guess I was not pushing it enough to hear the click..That sure did the trick.Pushed it firm,heard the click and now Im enjoying my LG like I should.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The "not pushing the headphone jack all the way in" must be an issue with some LG phones. I have seen a similar thread in the nexus 4 forums a couple of times and people there also just didn't push it in a the way.

ಠ益ಠ

bloof

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Probably lint in the jack. Use a paper clip to reach inside and get the lint out. Worked for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

f*ck me!! Thank you so much! Was halfway through disassembling the speaker when I saw your post.

I found a wormhole to a lint universe in my jack. Just proved Einstein right.

Thanks again!

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I was actually in the process of pricing a replacement headphone jack and going to ifixit for instructions on switching it out. I guess I should check for lint first though...

Posted via Android Central App

kptndigby

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I noticed today that the headphone jack may need a firm push to go all the way in. This is true both for the LG G2 and the LG G Pad. If the plug is only partially inserted the sound may work but any cord remote will likely not, and the plug will easily pull out. So, try gently but firmly pushing the plug in a bit further. If you push it all the way in and there is no click then your spring is probably busted and you should get your unit replaced.

Good luck!

I tried as mentioned above on my G2 and it fixed my problem. You need to get it into that original stage and then push it in further. This fixed all my problems.