Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sushiglobster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G2 headphone port issue

Hi guys... My earphone jack used to work perfectly and it had that click sound when you put the headphone jack in... Now my head phone jack just slides in.. It doesn't go click and phone doesn't pick up the headphones. I have no idea what went wrong? Any solutions

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Default Re: G2 headphone port issue

There have been a good handful of people including myself having issues with the headphone jack. For me, it snaps in, BUT the slightest touch causes the headphones to lose connection and music pushes to the speakerphone. Now I have to get a replacement, purely because of the nasty headphone jack issue. Sucks that I'll have to get a refurb. Anyways, if it's not locking in, the internal springs are probably failing just like mine.
    LukeT32 likes this.

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Probably lint in the jack. Use a paper clip to reach inside and get the lint out. Worked for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you for the replies... Will try cleaning it first... Hope it works.. It's December and I don't want to send my phone in.. Will probably get it next year only.. LG after service is bad in South Africa

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried cleaning it.. Found nothing... The headphone jack goes in 3 quarter of the way and then stops. It is so annoying, I use my headphones a lot

Quote Originally Posted by CamZo View Post
    I tried cleaning it.. Found nothing... The headphone jack goes in 3 quarter of the way and then stops. It is so annoying, I use my headphones a lot

Hi,
    I noticed today that the headphone jack may need a firm push to go all the way in. This is true both for the LG G2 and the LG G Pad. If the plug is only partially inserted the sound may work but any cord remote will likely not, and the plug will easily pull out. So, try gently but firmly pushing the plug in a bit further. If you push it all the way in and there is no click then your spring is probably busted and you should get your unit replaced.

Good luck!

I just ordered my third LG G2 for a problem headphone jack. Not happy.

Thumbs up Re: G2 headphone port issue

Thanks KESKI for your input...it worked for me.
    Guess I was not pushing it enough to hear the click..That sure did the trick.Pushed it firm,heard the click and now Im enjoying my LG like I should.

I tried pushing it harder and it worked for me. Thank you!!!

The "not pushing the headphone jack all the way in" must be an issue with some LG phones. I have seen a similar thread in the nexus 4 forums a couple of times and people there also just didn't push it in a the way.

ಠ益ಠ