- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Carrier Name on Lock Screen
I noticed that on my lock screen there's an emoticon of what looks like a sim card and beside that it shows the name of my carrier.
As long as that's not an error message I guess I'm not too worried but I'd prefer it not be there, from an aesthetic standpoint xD
Any idea of what that means/ how to remove it?
- 12-19-2013, 05:54 PM #2
Re: Carrier Name on Lock Screen
I think that's on everyone's lockscreen (not sure about every single G2 variant out there), and short of root/rom, it can't be removed.
That said, I try not to think of it as "my carrier" displayed up there (I mean -- gee, we all know who our own carrier is, right?), but instead to see what network we are connected to. When you roam, apparently the network you are connected to will display there (in that case, it is handy to see that you are roaming on AT&T, for example). That said, I do not know that for sure first-hand, I read that on another board.
(Doesn't seem to be on the Verizon G2 lockscreen from a screenshot I saw but that could have been taken without a SIM in or something, not sure)
- 12-19-2013, 06:36 PM #3
- 12-19-2013, 10:09 PM #4
- 12-20-2013, 12:24 PM #5
- 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM #6
- 12-26-2013, 03:21 PM #7
- 12-26-2013, 07:06 PM #8
- 12-27-2013, 02:00 PM #9
- By edasu in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 9Last Post: 02-25-2015, 06:23 AM
- By JakRox in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2013, 09:24 PM
- By CompMan2012 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 12-26-2013, 02:24 PM
- By vidip25 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-20-2013, 01:52 AM
- By rmausser in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 02:42 PM