Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By emilioaponte
  • 1 Post By joelvin
  • 1 Post By RobotHeaven
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    I somehow have locked my weblinks to open in chrome. Now i dont know how to change this. I would like them to open in the native LG Internet app as i find it much smoother. Dont shoot me for this please.... :o
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    From your home screen go to the apps Drawer, this is where all the icons that your phone is running are. Once there press the settings icon of your LG G2, then press Apps, press Chrome icon, press uninstall updates or just press disable Including a photo or screen shot . Go back to the phone apps Drawer and press the Browser icon. Once there press settings browser, the three horizontal lines at the bottom right of the screen. Press Advanced, press Set Search Engine, press AT&T BROWSER or Yahoo < including a photo >. Go back to Browser settings and press Home Page, then press AT&T BROWSER. I know, little mess but right now is the only way I know. In different Android Forums I read that the Verizon version of the LG G2 don't come with a Browser icon, just Google Chrome or Google Search or Google Search Bar in the Home Screen. I'm with AT&T and the Browser is Yahoo.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1387651229607.jpg   How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1387651261939.jpg  
    Last edited by emilioaponte; 12-21-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Roy Berntsen likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by emilioaponte View Post
    From your home screen go to the apps Drawer, this is where all the icons that your phone is running are. Once there press the settings icon of your LG G2, then press Apps, press Chrome icon, press uninstall updates or just press disable Including a photo or screen shot . Go back to the phone apps Drawer and press the Browser icon. Once there press settings browser, the three horizontal lines at the bottom right of the screen. Press Advanced, press Set Search Engine, press AT&T BROWSER or Yahoo < including a photo >. Go back to Browser settings and press Home Page, then press AT&T BROWSER. I know, little mess but right now is the only way I know. In different Android Forums I read that the Verizon version of the LG G2 don't come with a Browser icon, just Google Chrome or Google Search or Google Search Bar in the Home Screen. I'm with AT&T and the Browser is Yahoo.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    I'm confused as to why he would have to change search engines. That just makes no sense.

    Wouldn't clearing cach/data be all that's needed?

    Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
  4. #4  
    joelvin's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    I know I have the Verizon variant but if you go into the "App Info" page for Chrome just select "Clear Defaults". Next time you open a link it will ask you to choose what to open it with.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome-1387680956455.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    Roy Berntsen likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    Well let's see, as said before my LG G2 runs on AT&T, I use Chrome Beta as browser. Roy locked his weblinks to open in Chrome but he wants to open in the native LG Internet. The AT&T LG G2 got Yahoo as native or stock browser, there is an Browser icon in the app drawer that take you there, including photos. Maybe Just Some Nobody is right and all needed is clean cach/data. I go the long way cause I don't know the cach/data shortcut. I just hope that Roy Berntsen is opening his weblinks in the native LG Browser, that is Yahoo.


    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1387684348574.jpg   How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1387684395758.jpg   How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1387684441252.jpg  
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Berntsen View Post
    I somehow have locked my weblinks to open in chrome. Now i dont know how to change this. I would like them to open in the native LG Internet app as i find it much smoother. Dont shoot me for this please.... :o
    I don't blame you. Chrome is an overweight monster.

    Just disable Chrome in the apps section (settings -> general -> apps) and then, assuming that you don't have any 3rd party browser installed, all links will automatically open in the native browser. You don't need to do anything else

    I personally can't see trhe need to have more than 1 browser installed.
    Thanked by:
    Roy Berntsen likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: How to change weblink connection - I dont want it to open in chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by RobotHeaven View Post
    I don't blame you. Chrome is an overweight monster.

    Just disable Chrome in the apps section (settings -> general -> apps) and then, assuming that you don't have any 3rd party browser installed, all links will automatically open in the native browser. You don't need to do anything else

    I personally can't see trhe need to have more than 1 browser installed.
    /thread case closed

Similar Threads

  1. htc explorer - unable to see recover options
    By Avinash Nag in forum HTC Explorer
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 12:16 PM
  2. downloaded Samsung Knox app..how to disable?
    By spyderrc10gt2 in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 02:27 PM
  3. App for having a text read to you
    By DayThyme in forum Moto X
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 12:58 AM
  4. Ok I give up, how do you take a screen shot with this thing.
    By gerrya in forum LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play edition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 11:24 AM
  5. Google needs to narrow it down!
    By mawil1013 in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

B