Increasing accuracy of Knock On

dealy663

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I've had my G2 for 10 days or so now. In so many ways I really love this phone. However placing the buttons on the back was just downright stupid in my opinion. I still have not been able to really get used to the reach to get to them. So I feel like I just have to use the knock on feature. The big problem with knock-on is that it seems to be effective in waking the phone only about 80% of the time, and that goes down if you're walking or a bit jittery from a caffeine high.

I've discovered that triple tapping the screen (instead of double tapping) does increase the success rate of waking up the phone. However, even that still only brought it up to about 90% success rate. Thinking about this more and watching the phone I've found that if I have a slightly longer pause between the first and second taps then knock on is becoming even more successful.

I tap 3 times with a slight pause of maybe 1/10th second between tap 1 and tap 2. I don't pause at all between 2 and 3. I think what is happening is that the during the first tap the phone is maybe just a little less awake and can't register tap 2 if it happens too fast.

Hopefully this will increase your success rate with knock on also.

Good luck.

Derek

Roy Berntsen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of miss-taps... :) before. Then i found out that taping the upper 1/3 or so top of the screen was the place to tap. Now I almost never mistap, and it just with a wery light tuch as well. Before when i taped lower on the screen I was basickly knocking... and nothing happened. So try this, hope it works

scheumanrj

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I found that I was knocking to hard. If I use a really light touch, it works for me on the first try most every time. Now I joke about it as if I'm tapping to wake a sleeping baby.

Posted via Android Central App

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just tap twice right above LG logo, it's 100% accurate. Your welcome and Merry Christmas!!

Posted via Android Central App

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I think it has to do witch the person. As long as you tap with a consistent speed in same place it works every time. My wife was having issues with hers and I used hers for a couple hours and it never failed. On my phone, I don't even have to look at the phone and know by touch if I missed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC