"The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

anon(1806524)

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting this message when trying to transfer files from a computer?

Connected the USB cord that came with the phone to my Windows laptop and G2. At some point when transferring picture files (haven't gotten to the music files yet), I get this message and nothing gets transferred. Thoughts?

anon(1806524)

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
A handful are HD videos (taken from the phone). But I don't think it's the size that's slowing it up. I have two G2 phones connected to the computer via USB, and it's only one of them that is having the problem.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My first thought was that it's a standard message by windows when a process is taking a long time. Other than that i don't know i'm afraid

Petr Gangnus

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem. The solution to it is to become a developer - go to settings/about/build number and tap it SEVERAL TIMES. OK, you are a developer now, congrats.
But, damn it, on my phone it only stopped to give any bad messages, but still doesn't copy any files.

Ryokurin

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know you said you used the cable that came with the phone but try a different one. I've experienced this with other cables myself. It also seems to happen with the original cable when I plug it into a USB 3.0 port.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I remember having issues in the past with my previous android phones and it ended up being the Windows firewall causing it. Try disabling it. That may fix it. Other than that. I don't know.

Sent from my rooted LG D803 on Rogers.

Jordan Starr

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I had it working again, here's what I did:

- First I unplugged my tablet from the computer
- I removed my SD card from the tablet.
- I closed all the apps that are open in the background and then I plugged it back in
- It works just like normal again.

Try this and let me know if this worked for you as well.

Jordan Starr

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I even disabled the passcode for my tablet...it could be one of these, my best bet would be to close all the open apps in the background of your tablet.

jnpatrick

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Just restore ur pc to some previous date and here you go all ur issues will be resolved..
enjoy guys..

ur phones are absolutely fine, have a look at ur pc..

Tejas Yagnik

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
rev.jpg

i was getting the same problem,so i uninstalled the driver and then connected the mobile .
secondly i also have installed wondershare mogile go on my mobile and pc , so when i connected my mobile to pc after uninstalling the driver the mobile go pop up came up for usb installation and it asked for installing the usb driver for mobile go ,it asked me to swithonn the usb debugging ,and it installed the driver then it just worked fine .

may be it was a mobile go problem (any software) or Driver Problem but it helped so no need to format,reset or remove your card . just try this and tell wat helped.thank you.

Helen Davey

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You have to unlock your device. While it's plugged in enter your passcode and you should see the "internal storage" folder appear on the computer.

Honey BE

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem, but I figured out why in my case it wasn't working. I had transferred a music file to my phone (Galaxy Note 3) and then tried to copy an Excel file to the phone, which resulted in the "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." Scoured the web and tried everything (except formatting the SD card; mostly because I couldn't transfer the Excel file to the internal storage as well). Then I thought, for tickles and grins, why not add an mp3 extension to the Excel file? Well, it worked!!!! I then used Windows explorer to remove the .mp3 extension from the file on THE PHONE and it let me rename it. Next, I verified on the phone it was a valid, readable file, and it worked.
It's too late right now to see what other file formats can and can't be copied, I'm falling asleep at the wheel here. But perhaps someone else in the crowd will know what this means and just maybe know where to fix this problem.

Gdanbo

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! I found a solution for this,go to root of mobile only,and there put files,and then with mobile put it in your music/pictures/or anything folder.It works! :D

Laudon Traver

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to copy few music files to default Music folder in the internal memory and was getting the same error. So I created new folder and copied the files... and it worked! Seems like Android copying certain types of files to the default folders. Hope this helps.