1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow camera

I just got my white g2 and I really like it. But I find the camera to be extremely slow to focus.
    Is it only me and how do you work around it?
    Thanks
    Andras

Sendt fra min LG-D802 med Tapatalk

Default Re: Slow camera

It is indeed. I find they added OIS to make up for a slow shutter/focus speed. I really noticed it as I came from an iPhone 5s, and the camera on that was blazing fast. The camera is the only real disappointment I have found with the G2. I also find that it overprocesses pictures a lot to, resulting in worse image quality. Hopefully that is software that can be fixed with an update.

As for a workaround, there really isn't one, unless you root and flash some camera mods.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel

I have the same problem, I found a "workaround", change your quality to 8MP and you will get a normal shutter speed. The quality of the pictures is OK.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I hope that an update will fix it. 8 mp doesn't help me. There is no speed increase.
    The pictures are lovely but the focus is too slow.

I thought I was the only one noticing this.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have 4 children, I can't get them to sit still while the camera is focusing 👪📱😂

Go on xda. There are a few mods to speed this up. If u don't want them, you can download the LG 4.3.1 camera app and flash it through recovery and it speeds up the focusing... You just need to root and download flash Gordon app and it will flash the zip file for you..

Thanked by:

I just registered to say that I bought an LG G2 three days ago and I'm currently very frustrated by the camera as well.
    Once it actually focuses, sure it takes great pictures, but it takes a long time in low lighted rooms to actually focus. Outdoors? Very good and fast.
    But once I go inside, it becomes unusable. Is this something that can be fixed by a future update, or did I make a big mistake buying this phone?
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post
    Go on xda. There are a few mods to speed this up. If u don't want them, you can download the LG 4.3.1 camera app and flash it through recovery and it speeds up the focusing... You just need to root and download flash Gordon app and it will flash the zip file for you..

Thanks for the advice. Will the LG 4.3.1 camera app increase focus speed?

Without rooting, the only things that seems to improve the LG G2 camera is Lenovo Super Camera APK. A little faster focus and better in low-light. Plus, better features and an overall better camera app IMO.

Give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrasFL View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Will the LG 4.3.1 camera app increase focus speed?

It does increase it but still slow.. Hopefully LG fixes this in the 4.4 update.. I know that there are mods on XDA bit unless your a pro at rooting and flashing, I'd wait..

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I'm no pro. I'll wait and hope.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noam Matan View Post
    I just registered to say that I bought an LG G2 three days ago and I'm currently very frustrated by the camera as well.
    Once it actually focuses, sure it takes great pictures, but it takes a long time in low lighted rooms to actually focus. Outdoors? Very good and fast.
    But once I go inside, it becomes unusable. Is this something that can be fixed by a future update, or did I make a big mistake buying this phone?
    I am in the exact same situation with this phone. I just came from a Galaxy S3; blows my LG G2 out of the water taking pictures indoors. Find the pictures are very blurry even after focusing, and the speed is very poor.

I got rid of my G2 because of this problem and the horrible audio when recording a video.

This should help though; turn off the image stabilization feature. This just gives you longer exposure times resulting in a very blurry photo. Then, adjust ISO to 400-800 (depending on how much grain you want in your photo), and reduce the EV -1. This will give you snappier camera performance. Let me know if this fixes your issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    I got rid of my G2 because of this problem and the horrible audio when recording a video.

This should help though; turn off the image stabilization feature. This just gives you longer exposure times resulting in a very blurry photo. Then, adjust ISO to 400-800 (depending on how much grain you want in your photo), and reduce the EV -1. This will give you snappier camera performance. Let me know if this fixes your issue!
    I don't think there is a way to turn image stabilisation off for photos.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I can't turn it off either. Neither in picture or video mode. Not in LG camera app.
    There isn't any on or off for ois.
    Is there an other way?