Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default your experience with the G2

Hey guys please feel free to list the top problems you having with the G2 or the things you with were just abit better thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: your experience with the G2

Well, the camera is awful. Definitely worse than the Galaxy Nexus' camera. On top of that, the phone's proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working right and a few times a day, I have to fight with the phone to keep the screen on and awake. The battery life and OS is great, but I may have to take this phone back for something else.

I've been very impressed with the overall performance of the G2. It's by far the best smartphone I've ever used. Only had a couple issues with the G2.

(1) Battery life was good but not great. Seemed to be about the same as S4 (not quite enough for full day)

(2) the phone would occasionally reboot when swiping out of lock screen.

The battery issue was resolved by fully discharging and charging the phone. Now I get amazing battery life. Getting more than a full day on battery with 8 hours of screen time. Lasted a full weekend when I was just using it for texting and email.

The reboot issue was fixed by removing the Gmail widget from lock screen. Haven't seen the rebooting problem since removing the widget.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EnemiesInTheEnd View Post
    Well, the camera is awful. Definitely worse than the Galaxy Nexus' camera. On top of that, the phone's proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working right and a few times a day, I have to fight with the phone to keep the screen on and awake. The battery life and OS is great, but I may have to take this phone back for something else.
    How is the camera worse than the Galaxy Nexus. I've compared the camera on my G2 to other phones (S2 Skyrocket, S3, HTC One, Note 2). The G2 camera outperforms all the devices I tested.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

My G2 has CyanogenMod 10.2 on it and works flawlessly. Battery life is ridiculously good likely only bested by the Droid Maxx

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    How is the camera worse than the Galaxy Nexus. I've compared the camera on my G2 to other phones (S2 Skyrocket, S3, HTC One, Note 2). The G2 camera outperforms all the devices I tested.

The pictures it takes in low light have zero detail. They look like watercolor paintings. When the light is decent, the pictures look overly sharpened. I have taken only one picture I was happy with and it was a picture of a banana. Here is a folder of pictures I've taken to show what I mean. Granted, you can't see them at 100%. I doubt you'll be able to see what I mean using the Android Central app.

One thing that is weird is that I uploaded them to Flickr as well and Flickr made the pictures look better than they do on my computer (edited or unedited) or on Skydrive.

The pictures it takes in low light have zero detail. They look like watercolor paintings. When the light is decent, the pictures look overly sharpened. I have taken only one picture I was happy with and it was a picture of a banana. Here is a folder of pictures I've taken to show what I mean. Granted, you can't see them at 100%. I doubt you'll be able to see what I mean using the Android Central app.

One thing that is weird is that I uploaded them to Flickr as well and Flickr made the pictures look better than they do on my computer (edited or unedited) or on Skydrive.
    I have none of these problems with the excellent camera on my G2. No problem in low light either! The G2 camera is the best of any smartphone that I have owned.
    adanick2 likes this.

Also, the camera is constantly refocusing when taking videos. Constantly. Every couple of seconds.

Also, the camera is constantly refocusing when taking videos. Constantly. Every couple of seconds.
    I have no problems with video either!!!!

I haven't had these camera issues with my G2. Sometimes it takes a little bit to focus in certain settings. I've been getting great results using stock Android camera app and some editing apps (Aviary and Snapseed).

No issue with video either. Seems to work fine.

Pretty much any Nokia Lumia 928 or better Nokia phone beats the LG G2's camera pretty easily. Many of the pictures the LG G2 took in the thread on this forum for pictures/video are pretty damn awful.

The G2's constant video refocusing is a common thing. Several reviewers mentioned it like this guy.

You can clearly see the constant refocusing in the video I took..

and this guy's video of his cat.

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts

Constant re-focus happened on my G2, a bit annoying, but still OK for me because of video result is good. IMO, no phone is perfect. Overall G2 is best Android phone 2013 if we compared between what we got, and what we paid. Other phones can be better, but the price tag higher too. About Lumia, my brother very loyal to Lumia phone, I can say the Lumia camera software is magical, it really hard to catch Nokia in this area. But still Lumia(s) have their own cons too.

Phone is great, and i have no problem with camera. They're both excellent when used bright light. Though some problem occurs when used in low light.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

The camera is as good as I need it to be and, for me, that's all that matters. Are there better cameras? Undoubtedly. ...but at what cost? I do not choose to sacrifice the near-perfection that is the G2 so that I can get a better camera since I have no problems with the G2's camera. I don't typically try to take pictures in the dark, but that's just me.

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

To me the camera is a tad bit slow, and still getting used to the buttons being on the back of the phone instead of the side. Oh and why is the LED flash on the back of the phone? Seems strange to me,I normally lay my phone down screen side up, so how can I see the LED notification on the back of the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by chustle925 View Post
    To me the camera is a tad bit slow, and still getting used to the buttons being on the back of the phone instead of the side. Oh and why is the LED flash on the back of the phone? Seems strange to me,I normally lay my phone down screen side up, so how can I see the LED notification on the back of the phone?
    The LED notification is on the front of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    The LED notification is on the front of the phone.
    I got that from my handbook

The audio quality of the video camera is also pretty awful.

What is this the 10th "What do you like/don't like about your G2??!!" thread? When will folks learn to use the search function or just simply browse the forum to see that we've been over this over and over and over again.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    What is this the 10th "What do you like/don't like about your G2??!!" thread? When will folks learn to use the search function or just simply browse the forum to see that we've been over this over and over and over again.
    People like to chat about their interests. In this case their phones. No harm is done and it IS a forum.

g2
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    lexfrancis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The camera is as good as I need it to be and, for me, that's all that matters. Are there better cameras? Undoubtedly. ...but at what cost? I do not choose to sacrifice the near-perfection that is the G2 so that I can get a better camera since I have no problems with the G2's camera. I don't typically try to take pictures in the dark, but that's just me.

CM on OgPro
    You Sr just hit the nail on the head

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    lexfrancis likes this.

I do have one question for G2 owners. My daughter is coming from an s3. On that phone she had to do battery pulls at least 3-4 times a week because of freezing issues.

I'm on the One and I've never had a screen freeze but I know you can simulate a battery pull with power and volume combo.

If the need arises what are the steps on the G2

Ambassador

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I do have one question for G2 owners. My daughter is coming from an s3. On that phone she had to do battery pulls at least 3-4 times a week because of freezing issues.

I'm on the One and I've never had a screen freeze but I know you can simulate a battery pull with power and volume combo.

If the need arises what are the steps on the G2

Wow...ya know.... I've never had my G2 freeze up either on the stock ROM or in the CM10.2 I'm using now. I need to find out myself how to do that. This phone has just made me take so much for granted. It totally spoils its owner.

g2
    Live long and prosper.

ffejjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Wow...ya know.... I've never had my G2 freeze up either on the stock ROM or in the CM10.2 I'm using now. I need to find out myself how to do that. This phone has just made me take so much for granted. It totally spoils its owner.

g2
    Same here. My og evo would freeze a LOT but the lte and now my One have never froze. Her s3 is just a pain in that department.

That was her only reservation about the G2, worrying that she couldn't fix a freeze lol.

Thanks for the reply

Ambassador
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast