VZW G2 Vibration stopped functioning

dcg2user

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi I need some help with my phone, I recently noticed my phone stopped vibrating. I have the VZW version, I've checked the settings and tried restarting/turning on and off already. When I set the phone to vibration only there's no vibration (before there's a pulse of vibration whenever you set it to vibrate), I've tried adjusting the vibration strength (again no feedback of vibration), and even the haptic feedback of keypresses don't work (after turning it on of course). I've come to the conclusion that my vibration is just broken I guess. I also updated it to the new version released VS980112B after I saw that vibration stopped, thinking maybe it'd fix it but nope.

I bought the phone on December 1st. Any tips on what I should do? Send it in for a replacement or fix, how long does it take typically? Who should I contact, since I bought this phone from amazon.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, backup & reset, factory data reset ? check out the screen shots ?. If this doesn't work, you must contact Amazon Customer Service. I hope that you can fix the problem, good luck. uploadfromtaptalk1388785224815.jpguploadfromtaptalk1388785261299.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
^
What's that "browser bar" section in the system settings? I don't have that

Go to settings, backup & reset, factory data reset ?
Woah! Steady on. That's a bit drastic, and it's a waste if it's a hardware problem.

dcg2user
If there's nothing in the settings that changes the situation then the motor which produces the vibration is faulty

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It definitely does sound idea hardware problem. Though, would hurt to reset just in case the update created problems.

Since you bought through Amazon you can try them first for repair. Otherwise, LG should honor a warranty repair if there is a hardware problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
^
What's that "browser bar" section in the system settings? I don't have that

Woah! Steady on. That's a bit drastic, and it's a waste if it's a hardware problem.

dcg2user
If there's nothing in the settings that changes the situation then the motor which produces the vibration is faulty

That browser bar in the system settings, as far as I know, has been there always. I don't installed it, it's not running on my phone. It's there at Google Play Store, but is not active cause the only browser I use is Chrome. My mobile service company is AT&T, my phone is stock, not rooted.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

brianwilkie76

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

Has this been resolved, I have the same issue with my D802... I have logged a support call with LG but wanted to see if this was sorted here.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude