Does wallpaper define a device (initially?)

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but as smartphones come to market, the first thing I notice is the stock wallpaper. Samsung S4 and Note 3 has theirs, HTC One and LG G2 theirs, Moto X and G their introductory wallpaper on these devices, etc. Do you ever turn your LG G2 into an S4 by switching wallpapers and have a pseudo hybrid of a device? I really don't like LG 's stock wallpaper but enjoy Sony Experia wallpaper on my G2. I believe the G2 is the best performing handset on the market, but it's fun to place stock wallpapers from other devices and see what it would be like to "own" the other phones now available. There are thousands of great wallpapers to choose from, but I enjoy changing up stock wallpapers and live with a Note 3 for a day! (I really don't need a stylus, lol!)

Posted via Android Central App

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Does wallpaper define a device ?

It probably does for the more "aesthetic oriented" people, like my better half... No technical savvy at all, uses the word "cute" to define tech gadgets, and very susceptible to fashion fads ...

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been quite impressed by the G2, but I don't really like any of the wallpapers that came with it. I get good wallpapers (Xperia, Moto X, HTC, CM) from Zedge and various apps. Also turn on inverted color if I want a different look.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it defines the phone initially, but I think a good wallpaper mated with a great screen makes a phone's display stand out in the store.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith