(2) some have a swype option
(3) word prediction based on previous texting data
(4) full emoticon support
(5) change keyboard size and orientation

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
3rd party ones such as swiftkey may have better AI for learning your typing habits. They may also have a certain look that you like

Whether they have advantages or not all depends on what you want

EDIT: plus the reasons given above

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The only way to know if it's best for you is to try the free version first. What's suits me or someone else may not suit you because it's all about personal preference rather than being about them being better or worse than the stock keyboard.
I tried about 4 or 5 different keyboards before i stuck at swiftkey

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Ya SwiftKey is great. I've been using it for over a year and haven't had any issues. It has many themes, predictive text, swype, and can save your texting profile.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I like SwiftKey the best because it predicts words so good. Saves a lot of time in messaging for me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The G2 comes with two keyboards ; Android Keyboard (AOSP) or just Google Keyboard and LG Keyboard. Go to Google Play Store and search Emoji Keyboard Kit Kat, kind of update to Google Keyboard. In Android the keyboard situation is similar with the launcher dilemma. The favorites are SwiftKey keyboard and Nova launcher, I got prime versions of both and they are good. Got prime versions of Kii and Thumb keyboards and they are good too. In Android is like a Trial and Error thing; download the apps one at a time, check out them and if they runs good on your phone keeps them. If they behave in a freaking lag manner on your phone uninstall them. For example, regarding keyboards, go to Google Store and search for Fleksy Keyboard ? it's free for more or less a month ?. Fleksy is the most beautiful keyboard display period. But Fleksy is the most difficult irritable mess in Android Keyboards. Remember ; not everything that shines is gold.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I like swiftkey a lot but like "thumb keyboard" quite a bit more. It seems to learn my typing - or lack of typing skills with my thumbs - better than swiftkey. Also, if it auto corrects something, all I have to do is hit the back button and it changes back to what I originally typed, then offers to remember the word. Helps me quite a bit as I work in the medical field and use quite a few abbreviations.

David

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the paid version of swiftkey. Used it for months but after using Google keyboard I uninstalled swiftkey

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the paid version of swiftkey. Used it for months but after using Google keyboard I uninstalled swiftkey

Is the google keyboard the other one that comes with the LG, or do I need to go to play store and install it? Thanks

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I use the one from the play store. The one on the G2 looks the same but not quite the same feel to me

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Does it have the gesture swiping? My daughter is not home so I can't look at it at the moment lol. The G2 is her phone

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the android that comes with the phone and you cannot gesture type with it. Unless there is some setting I am missing.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can hand write [or use a stylus] using the stock keyboard? I cannot figure this out. I thought you could.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX