1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LGG messaging app

How do you guys like the stock messaging app compared to third party ones?

Default Re: LGG messaging app

Crap.
    I'm using Handcent at the minute and it is way better than the stock app. Highly customisable too.

Sent from my LG G2 using magic.

The LG messaging app isn't terrible. I use contacts+ for the all in one dialer, messaging and contacts. I also like the look of contacts+. Only use the LG app to schedule future texts that I might not remember to send.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

I've tried many of the free messaging apps and for some reason, I just seem to like the stock LG app better. No complaints here.

David

I tend to use whatsapp more these days, but for basic messaging there isn't really much wrong with the stock LG messaging app. Some people may find the lack of emoji a turn off but i don't tend to use emoji much at all.
    It's not brilliant but it's sufficient
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by TNCattleDog View Post
    I've tried many of the free messaging apps and for some reason, I just seem to like the stock LG app better. No complaints here.

David
    Agreed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    How do you guys like the stock messaging app compared to third party ones?
    Ok, go to Google Play Store and search for 8sms Stock Messaging Kit Kat , this is the last Google update to SMS stock. Try out Google Hangouts. There is What's App messenger too don't use it myself so don't know much about it . Try out: Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, Easy SMS. Remember before you download the third party sms app go to stock SMS on your G2, settings, notification, unmark check out the screen shot . Now, in Android the most beautiful SMS app is Go SMS Pro. I paid for the prime version $19.99, no ads- all paid themes forever. Never a problem with former HTC ONE, but it freaks out in my current LG G2 with a mess up lag regarding the addressee of my text messages. So when I send a text message to Mary it goes to Joan phone. That's is not acceptable in an SMS app. Don't download Go SMS Pro in your G2, it is a freaking mess. The best, most secure, most solid, most easy-to-use SMS app in Android is TEXTRA, free at Google Store. LGG messaging app-uploadfromtaptalk1388982575635.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I like how the background can be changed, but absolutely hate how much real estate the compose box takes up. I had used Go SMS on a previous phone, but then abandoned it. I'd be happy to switch, but it absolutely has to be compatible with MightyText.

I look forward to checking out the suggestions already made, as well as the ones that are hopefully yet to come!

I don't like how when I use the emojis in the default keyboard change the message to mms from sms I'd like the change the default sms app, can somebody please help me out? how can I make hangouts the default sms app on my lg g2?

Posted via Android Central App

could somebody please tell me how to change my default sms app on the lg g2 to Google hangouts instead of the stock messaging app?

Stock messaging doesnt support group messaging so pretty much useless for me. Textra for the win.

Stock app works perfectly fine for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Stock messaging doesnt support group messaging so pretty much useless for me. Textra for the win.
    You would be incorrect. Stock messaging DOES supports group messaging. I use it all the time.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by mikecunhaaa View Post
    could somebody please tell me how to change my default sms app on the lg g2 to Google hangouts instead of the stock messaging app?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a download at the play store? If so, I couldn't fine it

Correction... ATT LG G2 stock messaging app doesnt support group messaging. I forgot Verizon's do.

Quote Originally Posted by Adawg1203 View Post
    You would be incorrect. Stock messaging DOES supports group messaging. I use it all the time.....

Correction... ATT LG G2 stock messaging app doesnt support group messaging. I forgot Verizon's do.
    Got it....I'm on verizon....

Ummmm... I don't think thats correct. I use it every day to communicate with my co-workers.

David

oops... just saw this post. Yeah, I'm on Verizon. Crazy that the AT&T phone doesn't support it... but then again, thats AT&T. :-o

David

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

In the stock messaging app, is there a way to display the most recent message first? Mine always displays the oldest first, and then I need to scroll all the way down to the latest message.