Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Go Locker Not Activating Upon Bootup

Hello,

I've recently become enfrulled with the Go Dev Team software packages that are being offered on the Google Play Store, they are fantastic and powerful. Coming from a Apple User (Iphone) to android device being the Lg G2, its fantastic in many ways! There is however one issue that I'm not able to resolve. Go Locker upon turning the device, it does not prompt or go into the Go Locker screen prompting me a password to get into my Go Launcher, it simply bypasses it directly into the Go Launcher, any ideas? I made sure its activated (being on). Once th device is booted and the power button is pressed, or the device goes to sleep, upon wake up it "then" does prompt me for the Go Locker password.

Any assistance please would be helpful!

Jason

Default Re: Go Locker Not Activating Upon Bootup

Quote Originally Posted by LGG2Android View Post
    Hello,

I've recently become enfrulled with the Go Dev Team software packages that are being offered on the Google Play Store, they are fantastic and powerful. Coming from a Apple User (Iphone) to android device being the Lg G2, its fantastic in many ways! There is however one issue that I'm not able to resolve. Go Locker upon turning the device, it does not prompt or go into the Go Locker screen prompting me a password to get into my Go Launcher, it simply bypasses it directly into the Go Launcher, any ideas? I made sure its activated (being on). Once th device is booted and the power button is pressed, or the device goes to sleep, upon wake up it "then" does prompt me for the Go Locker password.

Any assistance please would be helpful!

Jason
    Well let's see, you can use GO Locker with others launchers besides GO Launcher. I used the prime or paid version of GO Locker with Holo Launcher HD, my favorite one. As a matter of fact, I paid and got the prime versions of ; GO Launcher Prime, Next Launcher and GO SMS Pro. I think the problem is that when you configure GO Locker you set up a password on it, I know people wants protection with passwords but sometimes this can freak your phone. My friend in Android there is a very important word, LAG or a freaks out situation on some paid or free apps in Google Play Store. For example, I bought GO SMS PRO $19.99, free ads version and all the themes forever. It works good in my former HTC ONE, it works bad on my current LG G2. A freaking crazy lag regarding the addressee of my text messages; if I sent a text message to Peter it's goes to Joe phone. So, this is an unacceptable situation in an SMS app. So if you have tried everything possible and the problem with password in GO Locker persist uninstall the app, install it again, try to erase or delete the password you set. If that doesn't work then uninstall the app, go to your phone settings, Back Up & reset, Factory data reset check out the screen shots . After a full reset to your phone and when you start to download apps again do it one at a time, check out if it runs good on the phone, if not uninstall them. If you install GO Locker don't set password on it, check it out and if everything is good there you go. By the way, the best theme in GO Locker is Beehive. Remember if you really wants a lock password kind of screen use the stock one on the LG G2. Check out at Google Play Store, search for Lockscreens, try out free versions one at a time, if they are good with the password you set in them keep it, if don't uninstall it. Welcome to Android, enjoy your LG G2, it's my best android device so far. Good luck.Go Locker Not Activating Upon Bootup-uploadfromtaptalk1389135621405.jpgGo Locker Not Activating Upon Bootup-uploadfromtaptalk1389135652631.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

@LGG2ANDROID, doing a factory reset seems a little extreme especially for one app and without trying other options first.
    I am wondering if when you first turn on your phone if the LG lock screen comes on and after that if go locker works the way it should? If so, I believe this would be normal (at least with LG phones, haven't tried go launcher on any other phones,) I'm assuming since the LG lock screen is a system app and is set to automatically startup with the phone it is running before go launcher even has a chance to startup. The only way I know of how to fix this was with a rooted phone by uninstalling or freezing the LG lock screen.

Sent from Sprint LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by kcerica View Post
    @LGG2ANDROID, doing a factory reset seems a little extreme especially for one app and without trying other options first.
    I am wondering if when you first turn on your phone if the LG lock screen comes on and after that if go locker works the way it should? If so, I believe this would be normal (at least with LG phones, haven't tried go launcher on any other phones,) I'm assuming since the LG lock screen is a system app and is set to automatically startup with the phone it is running before go launcher even has a chance to startup. The only way I know of how to fix this was with a rooted phone by uninstalling or freezing the LG lock screen.

Sent from Sprint LG G2
    My LG G2 runs stock, no rooted, on AT&T. You can stop, disable, the stock lock screen. Go to settings, lock screen, select screen lock. Check out screen shots After that you download free or paid versions of lockscreen at Google Play Store or you just live happy without any kind of lock on your LG G2 screen. A factory reset on a LG G2 that runs stock is not a little extreme . When you root, flash etc. an android phone device a big extreme word , BRICK MY PHONE PLEASE HELP, can happens. Check out XDA Developers forum's, Android Central forum's, Android forum's, to name just a few, and you will see that the extreme word BRICK PHONE happens.Go Locker Not Activating Upon Bootup-uploadfromtaptalk1389223295867.jpgGo Locker Not Activating Upon Bootup-uploadfromtaptalk1389223323190.jpg

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emilioaponte View Post
    My LG G2 runs stock, no rooted, on AT&T. You can stop, disable, the stock lock screen. Go to settings, lock screen, select screen lock. Check out screen shots After that you download free or paid versions of lockscreen at Google Play Store or you just live happy without any kind of lock on your LG G2 screen. A factory reset on a LG G2 that runs stock is not a little extreme . When you root, flash etc. an android phone device a big extreme word , BRICK MY PHONE PLEASE HELP, can happens. Check out XDA Developers forum's, Android Central forum's, Android forum's, to name just a few, and you will see that the extreme word BRICK PHONE happens.
    I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just thinking it'd be best try other options before doing a factory reset. I wasn't suggesting that anyone goes out and root their phones at all. I had only mentioned what has worked before.
    I'm glad you mentioned disabling lock screen because I didn't know you could do that on this phone. this should definitely solve the problem the op had with go locker.

No problem at all, peace and good. Just yesterday a friend brick her brand new Samsung Note 3, expensive $$$ device cause of rooting it. I got paid versions of GO apps, including the GO Locker. Not all apps work the same on different devices. Well, we are in peace, have a nice day.