Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default swipe up gesture

I am using Nova Launcher and want to change the default swipe up, which LG has as bringing up voice, G Voice and note. But I cannot get Nova's preference to take over. Has anyone had any success doing this? Thanks

Default Re: swipe up gesture

If that's possible to change i want to know too. I gather the only way is to root

As far as I know, (most) gestures only work in Nova Prime. I have swipe up (anywhere on screen) to bring up my app menu. But again, using Nova Prime.

Posted via Android Central App

That particular swipe up can't be overridden
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

odd, roboheaven says it can't be done, sijohnson88 says he does it. I sure haven't figured a way to do it with Nova

You can try it out for yourself on any free launcher that allows gestures to see what i mean. The swipe up gesture mentioned by sijohnson88 applies to the screen area, whereas the internal swipe up gesture that brings up google search and quicknote is the gestures that needs to start from just below the screen where the middle button is (on mine it's the home key, but thekey configurations are customisable in the settings)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks. I just tried it again. It does work. I was just swiping too far down on the phone and it was always launching the preset from LG. Thanks all