car mount

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello ShinyTop,

So.......you can or cannot use your CD player while this mount is in use? Looks like the mount can only be used when installed right into the CD player slot itself? I guess if you have a multi-disk player it would not be an issue with removing and inserting new CD's.

But, CD's seem to be on their way out anyways, so might as well put that slot to good use. ;)

Interesting,

TahoeRunner
3:07am PST
01/13/2014

Michaelk0105

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Just had my dash genie delivered from amazon. Picked it up for about ?5, not tested it in the car yet, but the 'sticky grip' that holds the phone (no clamps or grips!) Works a treat. Will have a play with this tonight to see if i can find a good mounting spot and whether the sticky suction pad works.

FoneM8 - Stick 'N' Hold Phone Genie - Universal Dash Windscreen Mount Car Holder - Holds ANY Phone:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Edit:
It seems to stick well. I have a spare phone that has an sd slot so will leave that in the holder to play music through the aux port and just take the holder out the car as one unit.

I have stuck it in front of the gear stick where the ashtray/ cupholder sits. The suction pad is sticky as well so it holds on tightly, whilst the pad that holds the phone is really sticky, like glue, but leaves no residue. Very impressed for 5quid!

Last edited:

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Just had my dash genie delivered from amazon. Picked it up for about ?5, not tested it in the car yet, but the 'sticky grip' that holds the phone (no clamps or grips!) Works a treat. Will have a play with this tonight to see if i can find a good mounting spot and whether the sticky suction pad works.

FoneM8 - Stick 'N' Hold Phone Genie - Universal Dash Windscreen Mount Car Holder - Holds ANY Phone:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Edit:
It seems to stick well. I have a spare phone that has an sd slot so will leave that in the holder to play music through the aux port and just take the holder out the car as one unit.

I have stuck it in front of the gear stick where the ashtray/ cupholder sits. The suction pad is sticky as well so it holds on tightly, whilst the pad that holds the phone is really sticky, like glue, but leaves no residue. Very impressed for 5quid!

Hey there Michaelk0105,

Thanks for your info, very nice.

Question:

I am assuming you bought the "dash genie" vehicle mount for a LG G2 device, correct?

From the pics in the link you provided, it looks like the phone is held in the mount itself by some kind of "sticky" material that is located on the flat back part of the mount.

Well, with my G2, it came with the "quick view" case (don't know if that is typically included with all G2's worldwide?). And so when I insert my G2 into the mount I have referenced in this string from iOttie, I do so with the quick-view case open, that is to say the case cover is folded back so while in the car mount, I have the full screen view available to me while driving.

In the case of the mount you are noting, if that "sticky" stuff is what is supposed to hold the phone in place, my questions are:

1 - How does that play out with the quick-view case installed on the G2, and with the quick-view cover folded back, and then trying to place the G2 into your noted mount?

2 - Does the "sticky" stuff grip the quick-view case cover that is folded back, and hold the G2 securely in place since in this scenario the "sticky" stuff would now only be holding onto the quick-view case cover that's folded back, and not the actual phone itself like with other car mounts?

Ultimately, I'm wondering if this mount will hold the G2 securely in the mount itself, if the user is also using the quick-view case folded back onto the G2? (hope that makes sense, if readers are not familiar with the G2's quick-view case that is provided with the G2, see my included pic and that will help people better understand where my question is originating from)

G2 quickview case.jpg

And thank you Michaelk0105 for your thoughts and input on this issue.

Cheers,

TahoeRunner
2:00pm PST
2/13/2014

Last edited:

Michaelk0105

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, I did get the dash genie. I have got the quickview case too. To be totally honest, it doesn't stick as well to the 'fabic like' (flappy) part of the case. If you stick it to the back of the case (not the flappy bit) and twist the holder so that the phone is in landscape mode, you can fold the flappy bit over so it rest horizontally on top. I know that probably doesn't make too much sense written down! It would probably be far easier to take it out the case all together...

The holder itself is quite small so fits quite nicely in a variety of spots in the car. You can also position the feet between the charger and headphone ports, so is useful in that regard too. I haven't found anything that works as well for the money, I was looking at holders at 4 times the price and brodit pro-clips, but figured that this would be worth a punt at just a few quid. It also came recommended by AutoExpress magazine The money I saved got me a 32gb sd card for my other phone (an Xperia arc s), that will probably sit permanently in the holder for the sole pupose of music is the car.

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks and report back at some stage. If I figure out what to do with the case I'll let you know!

Mobile Fun Dash Genie phone holder review | Auto Express

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, I did get the dash genie. I have got the quickview case too. To be totally honest, it doesn't stick as well to the 'fabic like' (flappy) part of the case. If you stick it to the back of the case (not the flappy bit) and twist the holder so that the phone is in landscape mode, you can fold the flappy bit over so it rest horizontally on top. I know that probably doesn't make too much sense written down! It would probably be far easier to take it out the case all together...

The holder itself is quite small so fits quite nicely in a variety of spots in the car. You can also position the feet between the charger and headphone ports, so is useful in that regard too. I haven't found anything that works as well for the money, I was looking at holders at 4 times the price and brodit pro-clips, but figured that this would be worth a punt at just a few quid. It also came recommended by AutoExpress magazine The money I saved got me a 32gb sd card for my other phone (an Xperia arc s), that will probably sit permanently in the holder for the sole pupose of music is the car.

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks and report back at some stage. If I figure out what to do with the case I'll let you know!

Hi Michaelk0105,

Good update, and unfortunately I suspected the "sticky" stuff as part of the mount would pose an issue for the G2 quick-view case.

However like you state, if you turn landscape style, and flap the cover over like you say, that fixes that issue.

Let's see, 5quid, x 1.67 = $8.35 US dollars.

A good buy indeed.

I've seen some real expensive mounts posted here. That's what led me to previously post about the mount from iOttie and the good buy for your Dollar and/or Quid, on Amazon. But not as inexpensive as your Mobil Dash Genie. :cool:

- iOttie mount, fits LG G2 perfectly at: $19.95 US, or 11.98 Quid:

http://www.amazon.com/iOttieiOttie-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3453073

- Mobile Fun Dash Genie, a great buy for the LG G2 at: $8.35 US, or 5 Quid:

Thanks and much appreciated Michaelk0105.

Gotta love having many options,

TahoeRunner
4:10pm PST
02/13/2014

Last edited:

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You can use your CD player, just cannot put new CD into player. But I never use mine, have flash drive with my music on it for the car.

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Looking for recommendations for a good car mount for the lgg2. Preferable the kind that can sit on the dash board. Thanks

RECAP OF CAR MOUNTS, for the LG G2

So this original question-post by techie5 has produced a great selection of Car Mounts for the LG G2. From the expensive down to the inexpensive, and in between. Some good options.

ProClip

Definitely the Rolls Royce of vehicle mounts, along with the price of course. But they look rock solid and stylish and will most likely out last your vehicle and actual device. Originally posted by tsells. (keep in mind, at their website, each complete vehicle mount requires "two parts", which means two individual selections you need to make, each with its own pricing also. Pricing below reflects both parts/prices combined)

Low end starting at $ 64 / High end at around $155
see link:
LG*G2*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

Ram Mounts

Very nice also. Originally posted by h20squirter.

Low end $31 for adhesive mount / $47 for suction cup mount / $61 for cup holder mount
see link:
RAM X-Grip? Phone Mounts

iOttie XL Mount

My personal selection, because of price and functionality with the LG G2.......(I know, I know, the Walmart link below, the Amazon link, and the iOttie link I'm providing below all show this car mount for Samsung devices, however I meticulously did the research up front on the G2 sizing and dimensions, which turns out matches the Samsung S2, S3, and S4, and therefore this iOttie XL mount fits the G2 perfectly, with or without the G2 Quick-View case installed) And if you buy this mount online at Walmart with their "in store" pick-up option, and then you find out you don't like it for whatever reason (unless you f-it up), you simply return it to your local Walmart within 30-days for a quick refund and don't have to personally send it back to the manufacturer and pay for shipping costs to get a refund. (a nice perk with Walmart's online purchases for "in store" pick-ups)

From experience, I can personally state that this mount is great for the LG G2. It provides the best connection seal I've ever experienced with their "gel based suction cup" (see iOttie website link below for details) as well as unlimited display angles and options to move the mount parts around to accommodate ear buds jacks, micro-USB connections, etc etc, all while your G2 is in the mount. :cool:

Low end at Amazon or Walmart, $19.95 / iOttie Manufacturer price $24

Walmart listing,
see link:
iOttie Easy One Touch XL Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2: Accessories : Walmart.com

Amazon's listing,
see link:
Amazon.com: iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4/3/2 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

iOttie website,
see link:
iOttie Easy One Touch XL Car Mount Holder for Galaxy Note 2

InfiniApps Slyde CD Mount

Originally posted by ShinyTop, and a nice mount that attaches to the Compact Disc slot on your dashboard, a nice option if not inserting and removing CD's.

Pricing at Amazon Link: $ 24.95
see link:
Amazon.com: InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal cell phone holder with Quick-snap technology, magnetic cell phone mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

Mobil Fun Dash Genie

Originally posted by Michaelk0105. However, you can read Micheal's post included in this string, there appears to be a potential issue with the gel not providing the best grip with this mount when connecting to the G2's Quick-View case if the case is open, folded back, and then placed in the mount.

Price, only around $8.50
see link:
(Also listed at Amazon/ no link provided here)

Please read more of this string if interested in the varied specifics from the included buyers/users of the noted Car Mount products.

Of course there are many more Car Mounts out there, and the links I've provided above will also further link to plenty of other Car Mounts that fit devices "other than the G2", however for the LG G2 this is a good start to techie5's original question.

Hope this info helps G2 users find their perfect CAR MOUNT.

Please Add to this LG G2 Car Mount List, as appropriate.

All the best in 2014 to all,

TahoeRunner
1:46pm PST
02/14/2014

Last edited:

jcassell1

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Verizon universal mount for several years and it works great. $15 with gov discount regular $19.

Posted via Android Central App