MAJOR screen issues

baronbiggs

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I love this phone... when it works. However, I've been having MAJOR screen issues. First, out of nowhere, a section near the top of the screen and all the way across became completely unresponsive. Basically, if you're in the stock messaging app and try to click your first text thread, that exact section is completely dead. I opened the quick note app and tried drawing on the section and nothing happens.

Second, I updated the software yesterday and then this morning the phone completely lost its mind, scrolling all over the place and clicking on random things. I opened the quick note app again and its now drawing random lines across the top of the screen. The phone has basically become unusable. I'm waiting for the Verizon store to open so I can hopefully get it fixed or replaced, but has anyone else encountered these issues or am I unique? Seems like the phone has a lot of screen issues and I don't want to keep dealing with this in the future if this phone is actually just poorly made.

Thanks!

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Second, I updated the software yesterday and then this morning the phone completely lost its mind, scrolling all over the place and clicking on random things. I opened the quick note app again and its now drawing random lines across the top of the screen. The phone has basically become unusable. I'm waiting for the Verizon store to open so I can hopefully get it fixed or replaced, but has anyone else encountered these issues or am I unique? Seems like the phone has a lot of screen issues and I don't want to keep dealing with this in the future if this phone is actually just poorly made.

Thanks!
That almost sounds as if those keypresses, which apperared to do nothing earlier on, had actually been put into a buffer, and when you updated your software all those buffered keypresses suddenly started happening in one go.

I think it's a software glitch. I don't think it's hardware for the above reason. Switch your phone off then on and report back if it's still happening

btw just curious, but do you use a screen protector? (they seem to be responsible for a very large percentage of problems experienced on smartphone screens)

baronbiggs

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I tried rebooting and removing the screen protector, but the problems persisted. I brought it into Verizon and showed them what was going and 10 seconds later, they put in a request for a replacement phone. Hopefully I won't run into this again with the new one!