LG G2: What improvements will LG bring with KitKat ?

Yev91

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the official KitKat what features and fixes will LG bring to the phone with 4.4?

Kind of hoping for camera tweaks, and it has a prettier launcher from what I've seen... Searched around and couldn't find anything about the korean models that have already gotten the update.

Last edited by a moderator:

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: What improvements will LG bring with KitKat ?

Honestly? Probably not much lol.

I have my Nexus 4 that I gave my daughter to use and was waiting for KitKat to come and once it did and I updated, it was over and honestly you dont really see anything changed dramatically and I expect the same on my G2 when it comes. My Nexus 4 with JB was super smooth and fast... I would say it feels smoother and faster than my G2 even though spec wise less powerful than the G2. Didn't notice it a whole lot faster with KitKat even after doing the ART tweak or battery improvement by enabling ART. I do like being able to print to my hp eprinter without any setup.

I am hoping kitkat will help the G2 run smoother like my Nexus and hope it makes other things smoother like the camera app... but we'll see. I dont think LG will change the look of their UI or launcher... don't think going to get "OK Google" when I didn't even get it running a Nexus 4! Not even sure if ART will be available and maybe disabled if LG finds conflict running with their UI and they don't do anything to make it ART compliant.

Aside from the official KitKat what features and fixes will LG bring to the phone with 4.4?

Kind of hoping for camera tweaks, and it has a prettier launcher from what I've seen... Searched around and couldn't find anything about the korean models that have already gotten the update.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

"OK Google" wakes up the phone and opens up search. Was doing that on my Razr Maxx rooted with CM11.

Honestly, I think KitKat will add to the performance and capability of our phones. Right now its like a sports car with a rev limiter on it. .... with awesome gas mileage to boot.

David

Yev91

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

I am hoping kitkat will help the G2 run smoother like my Nexus and hope it makes other things smoother like the camera app... but we'll see. I dont think LG will change the look of their UI or launcher...

This is mainly what I want to hear... I think its a great phone but the camera focus speed could be improved as well as some UI tweaks.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I think I'll just stick with JB. Everything is working exactly how I want after removing bloat and tweaking a few things.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

J4yBv

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Anybody Else notice the qVoice app in the Qslide menu? Is that a new LG app? I don't seem to have that on my LG G2 (16GB UK)?

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Anybody Else notice the qVoice app in the Qslide menu? Is that a new LG app? I don't seem to have that on my LG G2 (16GB UK)?
That's the same as Voice Mate. I've got the same phone as you and i' haven't got it either. From what i've heard we're not missing anything