Predictive Text/ Predictive text/auto-correct

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to turn off Predictive Text and auto-correct? These features are driving me mad and I can't find a way to stop them.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't use the stocks keyboards that comes with the G2: LG keyboard, Android or Google keyboard. But maybe in the settings of the keyboard you can fix it. For example in Swype keyboard < check out the screen shot >.uploadfromtaptalk1389391950858.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

futurelawyer2005

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Predictive Text/ Predictive text/auto-correct

Yeah, I just bought an Exhibit and have the same problem with the settings in the Swype keyboard. I have disabled the predictive text in Samsung keyboard, which works but doesn't have Swype, and in the Swype keyboard, which doesn't work even though it's supposed to. It is so annoying to see it moving back and forth as I type with no way to disable it. I love Swype but I'm thinking of downloading a different keyboard. Any suggestions?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Predictive Text/ Predictive text/auto-correct

I am using Smart Keyboard Pro. I have been a Swiftkey user for years on previous devices and have no complaints, I still have it installed.

But I switched over to Smart Keyboard Pro as it has not only a user editable dictionary but also a user definable Custom Autotext. Autotext was something I missed from my BlackBerry days; basically you set an alias for often-used text and phrases. e.g. typing pn and a space would insert my phone number, or ad and space would enter my full mailing address, including province, postal code, etc etc. (these are just examples).

It also has many other features that 3rd party keyboards do, such as voice input, backup/restore, skins/themes, gestures, languages. No emoticons though (emoji?), but I'm not into that anyway plus IMO it should be the app that supports it and not the keyboard.

There is a trial version, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eguet.smartkeyboardtrial&hl=en&token=Wabm6THv

Update: it does support emoji, as a language, according to the description.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use touch pal X and it's amazing! So much better than the stock. Give it a try ☺😁 I also like it much better than swift and I was a long term user of swift for a long time.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm