Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    Hello All,

    I'm new to the G2 and have several questions that I could not find answers to elsewhere. Maybe someone will know:

    1) Is it "normal or standard" that Wi-Fi will always "turn itself on" whenever I have my G2 turned on and plug it into the wall charger? Seems odd to me, but maybe that's standard for some reason? I've noticed that if my G2 is off, and I plug it into the wall charger, then after charging take it out of the wall charger and turn on the G2,...... Wi-Fi is not turned on in that case, only when the G2 is on, and then I plug it into the wall charger, it will then always turn on the Wi-Fi.

    2) I notice that when I turn my G2 on from being fully off or from sleep and the screen is locked, until I unlock (I use pattern unlock), I get an intermittent flashing Icon in the top left corner of the notification bar, that looks like a "rectangle with an eyeball in it".....what the heck is that about? As soon as I unlock the G2, then the intermittent flashing Icon will not appear anymore.

    3) Which leads to another good question: Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas? A google search will produce limited Icons charts, but obviously not a full list. I can't find the above noted "rectangle with eyeball" Icon anywhere. Nor others I've seen. There must be some kind of master chart that lists all the potential Icons somewhere?

    Thanks for any and all help with these questions.

    greatly appreciative,

    TahoeRunner
    01/12/2014 at 2:32am PST
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    Can help with the eye symbol the phone tracks your eyes and if it detects your looking at screen it keeps screen on.works with video too
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnutt View Post
    Can help with the eye symbol the phone tracks your eyes and if it detects your looking at screen it keeps screen on.works with video too
    Settings>Display>Smart screen

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    Hello chrisnutt,

    Thanks for your answer to one of my questions about the "rectangle with the eyeball in it". That makes sense.

    much appreciated,

    TahoeRunner
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe-Runner View Post
    3) Which leads to another good question: Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas? A google search will produce limited Icons charts, but obviously not a full list. I can't find the above noted "rectangle with eyeball" Icon anywhere. Nor others I've seen. There must be some kind of master chart that lists all the potential Icons somewhere?

    Thanks for any and all help with these questions.

    greatly appreciative,

    TahoeRunner
    01/12/2014 at 2:32am PST
    No, there is no full list. Google doesn't define those icons, it's a notification area open to all developers, kind of like the icon tray on a Windows machine. The icons come from the software developers, including LG, Google, Yahoo, Tapatalk, WhatsApp, Skype, etc, etc, etc. And is constantly changing.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    1) You'll find the ability to change wifi settings if you go to settings then wifi. Then click on menu button and select "advanced wifi"
  7. #7  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    #3
    Go to help screen -icon ? Help.
    There is submenu with all icons.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    Quote Originally Posted by LG G2 User View Post
    #3
    Go to help screen -icon ? Help.
    There is submenu with all icons.
    Where precisely is this help screen?

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    And to answer #1 it deals with Sprint Connections Manager. So yes that's is normal if you have not disabled the Connections Manager. See this thread.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3305288

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Utah_Utes_Man View Post
    Where precisely is this help screen?

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    On my verzion G2 it is an Appl -- ? with help under icon.
    This app has videos, manual and icon list.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

    Oh, my Sprint version doesn't have that. Lame.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T S4 4.4 Google Edition help
    By Flashheatmvp3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
  2. Any GPS app to be used offline?
    By Amir in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 06:15 AM
  3. Where to buy LG G2 32 Gb in UK?
    By Silver Star1 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 09:54 AM
  4. What are the unique features of Note 3?
    By VictoriaPa1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 09:30 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

B