Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: No notifications with stock sms app?

In the stock messaging app I'm no longer receiving notifications. I have everything on in order to be able to receive them just whenever I get a text nothing sounds, vibrates, or shows up in the notification bar. What's wrong?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: LG G2: No notifications with stock sms app?

Well, in the back of the phone in the middle of the volume arrows you're going to press till a message pop up, Power off and restart. After your phone restart, check if the problem is solved. If not , go to settings in the stock SMS and unmark or uncheck notifications ( check the screen shot ). Then go to Google Play Store and search for 8SMS Stock Messaging Kit Kat ( kind of update to native or stock Google SMS ). Another good SMS third party application is TEXTRA.LG G2: No notifications with stock sms app?-uploadfromtaptalk1389564056422.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G2: No notifications with stock sms app?-uploadfromtaptalk1389563974671.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried all of this including installing a third party sms app. I have problems with each one even when I set it up right. Textra doesn't even receive new messages at all and the kit Kat one does the same thing as my stock app. Nothing is working

Posted via Android Central App

Go to settings then "apps" then look down the list for the stock messenger app. Is notifications switched on? That's not going to prevent 3rd party messengers from getting notifications though, so it's probably something else.

Can you remember what you did immediately before this happening?

Had the same thing happen on a phone recently...notification sounds just stopped, though all sounds works otherwise. Did a factory reset and all is well. I believe that the problem was caused by some app that either did ring tones or notification soundupdates

I had the same problem too. Happened after an update to google hangouts - googles app that replaces the stock SMS app if you allow it to. Go into the settings for hangouts and uncheck the choice to make hangouts your default app and your sms notifications will return.

David