Changing volume without unlocking

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in a situation where I'm required to password protect my phone. How can I change the ringtone volume without having to enter my password.

With my two previous phones (both HTCs) I would just have to turn the screen on and press the volume down button. Unfortunately on the G2 this action opens the camera.

Why do I want this? Was walking into church on Sunday and forgot to turn my ringer off. Whipped out my phone, turned the screen on and stared at it wondering how in the heck do I do this.

The worst part was there I was trying to type my password fast to get this done and I entered it in wrong 5 times. Everyone staring wondering why I'm playing on my phone. Ugh.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
While I don't have the answer to your question, as a temporary measure, you might enable "Flip phone to silence incoming calls" under Settings -> Gestures. At least this way, when the phone rings, you can hold it face-down (after you take it out of your pocket), and after the noise stops, THEN change your sound settings to Vibrate or Silent without rushing.

conman1395

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the drop-down menu? That's what I do, but I don't use a lock on my lock screen so I don't know if that'll work for you.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the drop-down menu? That's what I do, but I don't use a lock on my lock screen so I don't know if that'll work for you.

When you enable a lockscreen, the only thing you can do is enter your password, make an emergency call, open the camera (volume down), and QuickMemo (volume up).

It would be nice if you could reassign the volume rocker on lockscreen.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Long pressing volume down opens the camera. Short pressing when you get a call will mute the ring tone.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie