Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification LED frequency

I just got my G2 yesterday. I like it a lot so far, but one thing I was wondering is whether the frequency of the notification LED can be changed. It seems like the LED flashes really slowly, especially compared to the other phones I have previously used. I couldn't find a way to change it in the settings, so is there some way to make it flash faster?

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Default Re: Notification LED frequency

In a word, no.

That said, there are apps out there, such as Light Flow, with which you can change the flash frequency. I would mention Light Manager but it requires root for 4.2 in order to support most non-native apps.

Possibly also, you can root and there may be roms/mods out there that may allow you to do this. I just use Light Flow.
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless

GO SMS allows you to change the color and speed of the LED on incoming text messages.
    Works on the Sprint version.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    GO SMS allows you to change the color and speed of the LED on incoming text messages.
    Works on the Sprint version.

Mav.
    The only downfall to that is you have to use GoSMS. ;-)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    The only downfall to that is you have to use GoSMS. ;-)
    I know, right?
    Actually I have had no problems with GO's SMS app. Not sure what people don't like about it.
    Oh well. That is why there are a Million and 6 other SMS apps out there.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    I know, right?
    Actually I have had no problems with GO's SMS app. Not sure what people don't like about it.
    Oh well. That is why there are a Million and 6 other SMS apps out there.

Mav.
    I got tired of their trying to be everything to everyone and constant updates with things I would never use.

I switched to Chomp, but with my g2 I've just been using the default messaging app.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hallmr09 View Post
    I just got my G2 yesterday. I like it a lot so far, but one thing I was wondering is whether the frequency of the notification LED can be changed. It seems like the LED flashes really slowly, especially compared to the other phones I have previously used. I couldn't find a way to change it in the settings, so is there some way to make it flash faster?
    I also recommend LightFlow. You can change the brightness, the light colour, and the rate and duration of flashing. You can even allow it to be your central notification hub, effectively, because it can also control the audio and vibration of each app