picture transfer

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I tried for a while but cannot figure out how to transfer photos from my phone to my computer. I connected via usb to my computer and opened the phone files [via Media sync] but the photos I took by phone do not show up under any folders. Any ideas?

Also, I want to put some wallpapers on the phone. Do I have to add them to the gallery or is there a way to add them directly to a file where they will show up as wallpapers?
Thanks

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't even bother plugging in the phone to computer. It's easier to use Drive, Dropbox or Box (50 GB free w/ G2) to transfer photos, docs, etc.

You can add wallpapers to gallery or wallpaper file. The wallpapers end up in gallery if you use Zedge or another app to get wallpapers.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
But what about videos too? How can I transfer them to my PC, and drive is not an option, so does anyone know how to do this? You would think it would show up when I connect using Media sync.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you have a dropbox account then you can add your account to account section in the settings. Then you can have access to everything in your dropbox folder (use the native gallery and then slect dropbox from the dropdown menu).
A practical example is that you can leave all your media such as pics and videos in dropbox and then view them there, and even stream videos and music via wifi.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks All. I think I figured it out. I hooked it up to my computer and choose "send images PTP" and then I could see my videos and pics I took and then drag and drop. I still would like to know if I can upload videos from my phone to Drive. Anyone know? Thanks for your help

edit: I did try to send my photos to drive under share, but they do not show up in my drive folder????

Edit #2. Yes it did! It just took about five minutes. So now I am all set, I can upload via drive, or use "send images PTP" rignt from the phone to the computer. Thanks all

Last edited:

Rogue360

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
+1 for Dropbox.

Install it on your PC and your phone will automatically upload to your drop box account and then download to your PC without you even having to touch a button.

Simple. Genius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36