Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen scratches - what options are there to fix or protect?

I went with no screen protector for about a month, and ended up with some scratches. They aren't huge or deep, but I'm disappointed compared to my previous phone (Samsung Epic 4G) which had Gorilla Glass and I used it without a screen protector for 3.5 years and had zero scratches. So for now, I'm back to using a crappy Verizon screen protector.

This thread mentioned that it might not be the glass but the oleophobic coating (which I'm not familiar with).

If it is the coating, is there any way to repair the scratches? Or, does anyone have any recommendations for a good screen protector? I like not using a screen protector, but it's starting to seem like that isn't an option.

Global Posts
    31,345 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Screen scratches - what options are there to fix or protect?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipperCDB View Post
    I went with no screen protector for about a month, and ended up with some scratches. They aren't huge or deep, but I'm disappointed compared to my previous phone (Samsung Epic 4G) which had Gorilla Glass and I used it without a screen protector for 3.5 years and had zero scratches. So for now, I'm back to using a crappy Verizon screen protector.

This thread mentioned that it might not be the glass but the oleophobic coating (which I'm not familiar with).

If it is the coating, is there any way to repair the scratches? Or, does anyone have any recommendations for a good screen protector? I like not using a screen protector, but it's starting to seem like that isn't an option.
    Perhaps a compromise between a screen protector and not having one. I like my Ballistic case from ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories. It is very easy to take apart as opposed to an Otterbox defender, and there is a removeable/replaceable screen protector.

I stopped using screen protectors a long time ago but when I did I used these

Screen scratches - what options are there to fix or protect?-uploadfromtaptalk1390149809208.jpg

Dry application and they stay on very well. Mostly though they are very smooth so no drag when swiping

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I don't know. I'm raging right now because I spent over an hour and a half trying to get my Green Onion Supply screen protectors onto my phone. It was impossible to do without getting dust or lint underneath the protector. It's like the screen protector was a dust/lint magnet on the bottom. I gave up and threw them in the garbage. Now I don't know what to do

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I ended up with dust under my screen protector as well, as well as a corner that doesn't stay down since I lifted it up to try and get the dust. So, it looks like crap right now...but at least the actual screen isn't getting scratched anymore!

I was devastated to find a scratch on my screen after only one day of use. Apparently a pen with a metal pocket clip in my pocket put two scratches on the edge of my screen.

Two years with my Razr Maxx without a screen protector and not a single scratch. Uggghhhh.

Still looking for the best screen protector for my LG

David

I use the LG smart cover and it works great.. No scratches. I've had phone since launch.

Put them on in your bathroom. Turn the shower on hot and shut the door so it steams up. The humidity will keep the lint down so you don't get dust.

Posted via Android Central App