Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tw3nty2
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By slyguy0
  • 1 Post By tsells
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: Looking for a case

Well, I'm looking for a suggestion on a case. Is there anything out there for the G2 that's "grippy"? Kind of like a soft touch, grippy feel ... like what's on the back of the Nexus 5. I've looked all over Amazon and I really don't see anything that's like a grippy, bumper type of case. Speck makes a case for the G2 but it's not grippy at all - it's the shiny slippery style.

Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Looking for a case

The Tech21 cases are pretty durned nice but the texture may not be as soft as you prefer.

Sent from one of my phones
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Looking for a case

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The Tech21 cases are pretty durned nice but the texture may not be as soft as you prefer.

Sent from one of my phones
    Tech21 doesn't have any cases for LG phones. I just checked their website.

Default Re: LG G2: Looking for a case

Incipio feather. Makes it feel similar to the nexus 5 and is very slim. Been a great case so far

Posted via Android Central App
    recoveringlefty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    Well, I'm looking for a suggestion on a case. Is there anything out there for the G2 that's "grippy"? Kind of like a soft touch, grippy feel ... like what's on the back of the Nexus 5. I've looked all over Amazon and I really don't see anything that's like a grippy, bumper type of case. Speck makes a case for the G2 but it's not grippy at all - it's the shiny slippery style.

Thanks
    If you are using Amazon you should see the Diztronic cases in matte black and a white clear (frost) color. I have both and they are outstanding...I have the white G2 and paired with the black case makes the phone pop!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

I use the S-Line one off of Amazon...Works perfect for me, and I carry mine in my pocket. It's like $5.00.

http://www.poeticcases.com/poetic-pa...lg-g2-is-great

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    Poetic Palette Case for LG G2 is great! | Poetic Cases

On the Poetic ... does the phone it in there nice and snug? Doesn't feel like it's going to pop out?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks, everybody. Clearly, I did not look around hard enough . All kinds of choices here.

Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    On the Poetic ... does the phone it in there nice and snug? Doesn't feel like it's going to pop out?
    Ya, the phone is snug and secure in the poetic case. Never had an issue with phone slipping out.

Thanked by:

I bought this one for my mother, but in black. It folds all the way so it does let you talk on the phone without being too cumbersome.

I'm a fan of the diatonic. Got it on Amazon for like 10 bucks. A little bit grippy and nice and slim.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Tech 21 does indeed make a case for the G2. Check out the link below. This is available through T-Mobile. I recently picked one up at a T-Mobile store in Manhattan.
    LG G2 D3O Impact Shell - Smoke | T-Mobile
    Haalcyon likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by slyguy0 View Post
    Tech 21 does indeed make a case for the G2. Check out the link below. This is available through T-Mobile. I recently picked one up at a T-Mobile store in Manhattan.
    Odd, it's not on the Tech 21 website. But thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by slyguy0 View Post
    I own this case too. I've tried a bunch and it is my favorite.

Haalcyon likes this.

Angry Re: LG G2: Looking for a case

How many more of these" What case do I get??" threads do we need??

There is one really thorough case thread going on right now.Would be nice if folks would use the search function and stick to ONE thread about what is basically a fairly mundane topic.

Cases For G2 - All Carriers - Listed w/Links & Pics

I'm not sure if it's grippy or slim enough for you, but I'm getting myself an Otterbox Commuter series case for mine. I've had them for my last few phones and was pretty happy with them. The rubber lining is exposed on the corners for better grip, but it has a hard shell than snaps over the rest of the body. For the protection they offer, I don't think they add too much bulk to the phone.

Does anyone know if an ls980 case will fit the verizon vs980? The back buttons are bigger on the ls. Seems like it would fit the verizon version, just the case edge around buttons would be wide. I want a snap on hard case but it's not avail for verizon version

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kamp View Post
    Does anyone know if an ls980 case will fit the verizon vs980? The back buttons are bigger on the ls. Seems like it would fit the verizon version, just the case edge around buttons would be wide. I want a snap on hard case but it's not avail for verizon version
    That case won't fit properly since the Verizon G2 is a bit thicker. Only cases designed specifically for the Verizon variant will work.

On my LG G2 I have a Trident case. It is a dual layer case, with a plastic outside shell and a rubber inside shell. Granted, it makes the case noticeably larger than it already is, it keeps it seriously safe.
    The rubber, though, comes through the sides and are really grippy. It also has bumper corners and rubber lips around the screen, so it won't slide face down.