Is there a way to turn off battery fully charged notification?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Seems like all of a sudden my G2 is giving a notification when the battery is fully charged. I don't want it to do that.

How do I turn it off?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine has always done this since day one. While I would love also to find a way to turn it off, I have my G2 set (via Profile Scheduler+ app) to not make notification sounds at night. And/or I am a heavy sleeper and haven't noticed...

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No. I mean the phone vibrates when the battery is fully charged. I don't want it to do that. I don't need to be notified when the battery is full.
Oh i don't know, but i assume you can switch it off because my phone doesn't vibrate the moment it's fully charged, but it does make a sound.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No. I mean the phone vibrates when the battery is fully charged. I don't want it to do that. I don't need to be notified when the battery is full.

<sarcasm>
What? You overzealous energy consumer! I bet you drive a gas guzzler too! Haven't you read the message that comes along with that notification? It says "To save energy unplug your phone." Why don't you want to save energy?
</sarcasm>

Really? Is that why they HAVE to notify you that the battery is fully charged? I bet I could leave my phone plugged in for a year and it would use less energy than a light bulb does in 5 minutes... I agree, let me turn the notification off.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't get that bit about saving energy either. When lithium ion batteries are fully charged the current automatically switches off at the charger so there is no power being used. *confused*

lk

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a G3 and I have tried every setting in the damn phone and I simply cannot get it to stop beeping every couple of minutes when its charged. A tasker profile to turn off every conceivable sound setting doesn't work either. Does this make any sense? Don't most people charge phones at night? Do they want the phone to beep? Here's the strange part. We have 4 G3s in the family. Two of them beep when charged and 2 of them don't. What is going on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX