Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I set default app associations?

I'm a new G2 owner, I came over from the HTC EVO and I was wondering if there was a way to set app associations on the g2? On the EVO there was a setting that let me set my default browser, mail client, messanger, youtube/hyperlink app etc. is there any way to do this on the g2?

Default re: How can I set default app associations?

Absolutely — these default app association settings are built into Android. If you have multiple apps installed that can handle a given action, you should see a dialog prompt asking which app you would like to use. You can reset this association in Settings > Apps, by selecting the currently-used app and using the 'clear defaults' button.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 

Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: How can I set default app associations?

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    I'm a new G2 owner, I came over from the HTC EVO and I was wondering if there was a way to set app associations on the g2? On the EVO there was a setting that let me set my default browser, mail client, messanger, youtube/hyperlink app etc. is there any way to do this on the g2?
    Usually when performing certain tasks or open links, the phone will prompt you to select a default method of opening said link or app. Click on the one you like, and select always.
    Like Pat said, you can reset preferences within settings

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. Is there any way to view what apps I currently have set though, or is there only an option to reset it?

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    Thanks. Is there any way to view what apps I currently have set though, or is there only an option to reset it?

Settings > apps > menu > reset default apps

This will show you a list of default apps.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    UJ95x likes this.

Just download "Default App Manger" from Play store. it does everything you need for free. I use it now and then and it works great. Simple and easy to use.