Missing Software Update option

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is a bit embarassing. I have a rooted G2 on the stock recovery. I noticed recently that my software update option is missing in my about menu.
I am sure that this is something simple that I've done but I have no idea what. The only thing I can think of that possibly caused this would be a Titanium frozen app/service. Could any help shed some light on my situation?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is a bit embarassing. I have a rooted G2 on the stock recovery. I noticed recently that my software update option is missing in my about menu.
I am sure that this is something simple that I've done but I have no idea what. The only thing I can think of that possibly caused this would be a Titanium frozen app/service. Could any help shed some light on my situation?

Thanks.
So the actual option is missing completely? Do you remember what you could have frozen or stopped? Try a reboot if you haven't already done so and see if that re-enables the option. Otherwise, you may need to factory reset the device to get the option enabled.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the option is completely missing. Someone at xda told me to look for Software Update 2.3.1.14 in Titanium Backup, but it isn't there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463