Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post LG G2 Bloatware Removal

Hi! This is my first time here in the forums and I recently got my LG G2 (D802) last week and can anyone here in the forums show/provide me a list of bloatwares (D802 Model/International) that I can remove? I disabled most of them using Titanium Backup Pro and at some point in the future I really wanted to get rid of those bloatwares pre-installed in my LG G2 so that my battery could run longer. My average battery life is like 40-50 hours with screen time of nearly 4 hours and I would charge the device in full once it goes below 20% (once this month) and the next following days I would charge normally. Btw does Trickle charging a bad thing for a normal charge on the LG G2? I hope that you guys can help me out thanks!
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Default Re: LG G2 Bloatware Removal

You can plug it in any time you find a charger...It will not hurt it.

Someone posted a list of bloatware that can be safely removed or disabled, but i can't find it.

Btw does Trickle charging a bad thing for a normal charge on the LG G2?
    Lithiums don't trickle charge.
    It's best to just charge it quickly and often. Don't let it discharge until it reached near 0-5% and it's ok to plug it and charge it from(say) 40% to 80%.
    I've heard a rumour that it's not good to leave it plugged in overnight. Although lithiums naturally cut off the current when they reach a full charge, during the night the charger will periodically top up back to 100% when it goes down to about 95%.

http://www.andromods.com/apps-mod/ho...to-delete.html

Here's a list of safe to remove bloatware. It's for AT&T and Verizon but some will apply to international version.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by RobotHeaven View Post
    Someone posted a list of bloatware that can be safely removed or disabled, but i can't find it.

Lithiums don't trickle charge.
    It's best to just charge it quickly and often. Don't let it discharge until it reached near 0-5% and it's ok to plug it and charge it from(say) 40% to 80%.
    I've heard a rumour that it's not good to leave it plugged in overnight. Although lithiums naturally cut off the current when they reach a full charge, during the night the charger will periodically top up back to 100% when it goes down to about 95%.
    Alright! thanks for the advice
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    How to: AT&T and Verizon LG G2 remove bloatware and list of apps that are safe to delete | AndroMods

Here's a list of safe to remove bloatware. It's for AT&T and Verizon but some will apply to international version.

I checked the list and did a comparison between the list of Pre-Installed apps that I have and both the Verizon and AT&T. I noticed that I can only remove a few that is stated on the list. I think I'll just wait for an official list for the International version (D802) just to make sure or wait for the 4.4 kitkat update then try to root it again and do another comparison of pre-installed apps that I can remove in the future. Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    How to: AT&T and Verizon LG G2 remove bloatware and list of apps that are safe to delete | AndroMods

Does this work for LG G2 D802 international ?

FYI, I tried two Root File Managers that were awful but the third one was awesome, easy and it literally took me 2 seconds to remove my bloatware! Free from Google Play, it's called HideApps, spread the word!!!!!!!!

It's kind of weird how, if you delete factory apps and then do a factory reset, those apps are back. Where do they go when you delete them? Do they just hide on the phone, or is the phone automatically re-downloading them?

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    It's kind of weird how, if you delete factory apps and then do a factory reset, those apps are back. Where do they go when you delete them? Do they just hide on the phone, or is the phone automatically re-downloading them?
    The apps (or links to them) are built into the ROM that holds the OS installation image. The first time the phone is started when new it unpacks this install image and installs the operating system into the phone's flash memory. Any subsequent changes to options, apps etc. are saved into this installed OS in flash memory, not to the original ROM. When you do a factory reset the phone wipes the flash memory and reinstalls the OS from the ROM agian - so all your settings, apps, etc. are as defined by the install ROM, not by anything you've done (like delete aps) since the initial install.

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    The apps (or links to them) are built into the ROM that holds the OS installation image. The first time the phone is started when new it unpacks this install image and installs the operating system into the phone's flash memory. Any subsequent changes to options, apps etc. are saved into this installed OS in flash memory, not to the original ROM. When you do a factory reset the phone wipes the flash memory and reinstalls the OS from the ROM agian - so all your settings, apps, etc. are as defined by the install ROM, not by anything you've done (like delete aps) since the initial install.
    So when you delete a factory installed app you're not really deleting it? It still exists as - what, some kind of compressed format? - in the "install image?"

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

So when you delete a factory installed app you're not really deleting it? It still exists as - what, some kind of compressed format? - in the "install image?"
    Depends on how it's coded. It could be included in the install image, or it could be downloaded as part of the installation procedure. Both are possible.

But yes, when you delete a factory installed app you're only deleting it from the installed version of the OS, not from the permanent ROM image.

The only way to make sure a factory-installed app doesn't come back when you factory reset your phone is to root your phone and install a custom ROM that doesn't have said app.

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Depends on how it's coded. It could be included in the install image, or it could be downloaded as part of the installation procedure. Both are possible.

But yes, when you delete a factory installed app you're only deleting it from the installed version of the OS, not from the permanent ROM image.

The only way to make sure a factory-installed app doesn't come back when you factory reset your phone is to root your phone and install a custom ROM that doesn't have said app.
    What is an "image?" Does that mean a compressed version of all the software that's supposed to come with the phone, which gets decompressed when you run factory reset?

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

What is an "image?" Does that mean a compressed version of all the software that's supposed to come with the phone, which gets decompressed when you run factory reset?
    Yes.
    Thanked by: