1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Maps draining my battery!

I haven't updated to recent update because of horrible reviews. I use navigation about 1-2 times a week. Not at all today. I stopped it but the % keeps going up. What should I do? 😡😡

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maps draining my battery!-1391012854233.jpg  

Default Re: Maps draining my battery!

looking at the screen shot it's 57% of 2% so it's just 1% of your battery usage. So it's not so bad.

I've had maps do a number on my battery before as well. I usually just hit stop and then do a reboot just to make sure it takes. That usually nips the bugger for me.

You may also want to temporarily turn off traffic in maps since that consumes data.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Technosticrati View Post
    I've had maps do a number on my battery before as well. I usually just hit stop and then do a reboot just to make sure it takes. That usually nips the bugger for me.

You may also want to temporarily turn off traffic in maps since that consumes data.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks I did that. I hope it works. It can also be the update maps had a couple of weeks ago. I don't have my apps update automatically but I had to do a clear data to google play and then the apps started updating automatically. Maybe the most recent maps will fix the issue? Just scared of updating maps and it makes my navigation useless like the reviews have stated. 😞

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

I set GPS to Battery Saver unless I'm using Maps. Then I set it to Device Only until I get wherever, and then back. A little hassle, but I like to squeek some battery love out.

Also most of my apps, not 100% sure if I put Maps in without checking, is set to hibernate when note in use by GREENIFY.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I did the update, I hope it doesn't ruin my routes like most of the reviews have complained about. 3 hours later look at my battery and I haven't used it much!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maps draining my battery!-1391025669743.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by digitard View Post
    I set GPS to Battery Saver unless I'm using Maps. Then I set it to Device Only until I get wherever, and then back. A little hassle, but I like to squeek some battery love out.

Also most of my apps, not 100% sure if I put Maps in without checking, is set to hibernate when note in use by GREENIFY.
    How do I set it to hibernate? I didn't know I could do that to apps.. How do I also set GPS to battery saver?

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Greenify is an app in the app store.
    I couldn't tell you the exact steps right now since I just loaded a Custom ROM
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I disabled google location on top of the update. It's not even showing on my battery any more!! Win win! I will just turn it on when I need the navigation.. Extra work but its saving my battery. I just charged it and I don't notice the percent dropping every min like it was doing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maps draining my battery!-1391039670441.jpg   Maps draining my battery!-1391039709006.jpg  
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by digitard View Post
    Greenify is an app in the app store.
    I couldn't tell you the exact steps right now since I just loaded a Custom ROM
    It seems confusing. I am stock. I don't like to root because it complicates things and besides I don't know how 😄

I don't think you need those battery saving apps.
    I have google location turned off and my battery is awesome, it uses just 3% after 8 hrs of idle.
    I did disabled a bunch of junk apps that verizon/lg installed on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by fonger13 View Post
    I don't think you need those battery saving apps.
    +1

I've never seen the need for them. Most of their methods employed are either common sense or have no practical benefit. For example, switching screen btrightness right down when the battery reaches 10% - if you tend to plug your battery in anywhere between 40 and 70% then the cpu cycles used by the app monitoring when your battery reaches 10% is going to more than undo any benefit.

Ironically, the battery savers seem to use more juice than they actually save. And they're being sold like task killers which have the same effect of using more juice than they save.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Having the google location off has made my battery back to normal. I don't use battery savers either. I did with my galaxy s3.. That's the only one I needed to use it with and it did help a lot, that battery was terrible.