Need help installing mods/custom ROMs, please

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I selected dalvik, cache system and data. It said to do that on the paranoid xda thread.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Alright, but did it fail while installing with TWRP or did it get stuck on the boot logo?

Posted via Android Central App

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
it said FAILED in red letters in twrp.. I don't have to flash a 4.4 'kernel' do I? If so I don't know how to do that. T_T running stock rooted now

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
it said FAILED in red letters in twrp.. I don't have to flash a 4.4 'kernel' do I? If so I don't know how to do that. T_T running stock rooted now

Nope, the ROM includes a new kernel. It might have been a bad download, try getting it again. Happens occasionally :-\

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information man. I'm sorry i'm being a pain. i'm going to try again right and now update. Give me 10 minutes. Thanks again.

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
In other news TWRP is REALLY cool. I never knew you could literally go back to where you were before you flashed. I was so sad when my flash didn't work, i thought i'd have to mess with my xposed, put all my music back on etc. but nope. :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
In other news TWRP is REALLY cool. I never knew you could literally go back to where you were before you flashed. I was so sad when my flash didn't work, i thought i'd have to mess with my xposed, put all my music back on etc. but nope. :)

Yup, saved me from a hard brick a few weeks ago :D
I don't have a nandroid of my stock ROM anymore, but I always go back to Slim after I try the others

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Still not working...:(

it says
" Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping Md5 check:no MD5 file found.
verifying zip signature.....
set_metadata_recursive:some filesfailed "

then Error and " FAILED " in red letters. :/

I found a " enable MD5 verification of backup files " in settings unchecked, would that help?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Still not working...:(

it says
" Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping Md5 check:no MD5 file found.
verifying zip signature.....
set_metadata_recursive:some filesfailed "

then Error and " FAILED " in red letters. :/

I found a " enable MD5 verification of backup files " in settings unchecked, would that help?

I don't think so. Mine always says skipping MD5 verification as per user request or something like that. Try a different ROM and see if it'll flash. Or even a different build of the one you're trying. Is it a Kit Kat ROM?

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't say, they are just rated by when they were uploaded. I don't think they do. The one im downloading now has 4x the ammount of downloads as the rest so that's a good sign. lol

here we go agaiiiiiiinnnn

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't say, they are just rated by when they were uploaded. I don't think they do. The one im downloading now has 4x the ammount of downloads as the rest so that's a good sign. lol

here we go agaiiiiiiinnnn

Yeah, the stable releases are usually what people tend to download. I stay away from nightlies and betas for a reason :p
Although the Slim beta was bug-free when I used it...

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
still not working.. looks like im doing something fundamentally wrong. T_T I'll make a new thread tomorrow I guess. Thanks for the help UJ95x.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
still not working.. looks like im doing something fundamentally wrong. T_T I'll make a new thread tomorrow I guess. Thanks for the help UJ95x.

Aww man :(
I'll try to remember to check for your thread tomorrow. I'm sure we can find another one that works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908