Anyone using a G2 with cyanogen mod?

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to ask what it's like on this phone. I'm thinking about installing it, but I was wondering if it's worth losing some features of lg's skin. And how do some of the hardware features behave with cyanogen mod? Is the camera still good? Do the LEDs function the same? The main thing I'm concerned about is the loss of knock on. With the buttons being on the back, that'd be annoying. Anyone got any opinions or want to share their experiences?

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Most of the custom ROMs have no issue with Knock On. It's the Knock Off that's hit and miss, but there are ways to get that back in some form or another.

I'm not using CM directly, but I have and it was fine. The last time I looked at CM directly they were having issues with WiFi / Bluetooth and call echo. A lot of the KK rom's have some call echo mentions. So far, as far as Kit Kat ROMs go, I've had the best experience with Mahdi on my D800. No issues w/ call echo, etc, or bluetooth (we have an Android game that I need BT to test our MOGA functionality with).

Camera, and all that is fine although it's generally set to 8MP (instead of 13) in the AOSP variants. Some I've seen get it to 13, but it's all over the place. There are camera mod's you can download, though, that bring back the 13 regardless. Also you can download the LG camera, etc, for KK but it has a few bugs.

LED's for me are pretty much the same although I think different colors (green charging, and white when I have a message instead of flashing green) across all the ROMs I've tried.

If you don't want to lose the core stuff like that you can always grab a 4.2.2 carrier based ROM that's debloated and tweaked. There's a ton of those I've seen. I ran a few for quite a while until I settled on the Mahdi KK port as it was the first really stable KK port I've tried so far.