1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Issues with my new international LG G2

Hi
    I upgraded my smart phone from Samsung Ace Plus (android 2.x) to LG G2 (Android 4.2.2 JellyBean) and I'm pretty much satisfied with the new powerful hardware leap I got with LG (compared to the slow Ace Plus). I installed all apps I need from scratch and because I've setup my old Samsung phone to save contacts on google account (rather than phone memory), all I did was that I entered my Google credentials on the G2 phone, synced and got all my contacts on phone as well.

I just have a few minor issues that I need to understand:

1) On my old Samsung, I setup my phone to have it save any new contact, by default, to my Google account (NOT on the phone memory) so that I have a safe location to pull off my contacts from in case of any disaster but I'm unable to find a similar option on LG because whenever I save a new contact, I have to change manually the location from "phone" to my "google" account and when this happens, I'm presented with this warning message:

! Save
    Some contact information may be lost.
    Yes/No

Pressing yes just continues normally but I don't know why I get this message and why in the world I can't save any contact on google by default the same way I used to have on old phone?

2) I noticed no badge notification on Facebook for missed stuff. I used to have that on old phone and I don't know why I don't have this anymore.

3) In About phone-->Status, it says unknown phone number. Why?

Many Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Maged Samuel; 02-02-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Default Re: Issues with my new international LG G2

Can't comment on #2 and #3 because I use a launcher + hangouts.

As for #1, though, you should be able to go into the settings of the phone book and change the default save location to your google account.

I wish I could tell you the exact steps, but I removed the stock LG software and threw a custom Kit Kat ROM on so I don't have their dialer installed anymore. I do remember, though, having the same exact issue and there was an option to change the default contact location.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Issues with my new international LG G2

Whenever I choose the option "Google contact (xxx@gmail.com) to save a new contact, I get this message:

Issues with my new international LG G2-2014-02-24-21-26-39.jpg

& I have to press yes of course to allow the save to gmail.

I've been experiencing this since day 1 of having the phone (Stock LG ROM - JellyBean 4.2.2)

Could someone please help rectify this issue and also tell me how to make this option the default? Every time I save a contact, I'm presented, by default, to saving it to phone memory which forces me to change the option every time after which I'm presented with that warning message shown in pic above.

Thanks
    Last edited by Maged Samuel; 02-24-2014 at 02:15 PM.