Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 went totally dead

Hi guys, I need help with my lg g2. The phone suddenly went dead. Cannot be switch on. Used original cable to charge but still can't be switch on. Any advise? I tried to search online but it seems that no 1 is having this problem.

Default Re: Lg g2 went totally dead

Try to force reboot the phone by pressing power and volume up buttons for 5-10 seconds.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried it, not working at all. The phone don't have any response no matter I hold the power button for how long. And the phone is not charging at all.

You held power AND volume at the same time like Sac suggested?

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, I held it as mention. Not working, and doesn't show led light when I plug in my phone to charge.

it's ded m8. Call LG?

Default Re: Lg G2 went totally dead

Have you also tried different charge cords? Also how long have you had your phone? I would definitely bring it back to the point if purchase

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Sigh
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Default Re: Lg G2 went totally dead

Few months old already, no problem at all. It's just suddenly went dead when I plug in the cable to charge.

Default Re: LG G2 went totally dead

My Lg G2 that is a week old just did the same thing. Did you figure out what to do?

Sounds like an electrical spike, which means the electronics are probably fried (ie your phone is dead). Take it back.
    Was there a thunderstorm or anything at the time? Or maybe you have some odd arrangment with your electricals such as using a splitter on top of another splitter

This happened to my HTC One X. It was becasue i was charging it in the car while playing dead trigger. Went completely dead when i exited the game to check a text message, just shut off and wouldnt charge.

AT&T support store said it happens and to not use the phone heavily while charging it, just Maps or texting or something light.

Use your warranty

Could they still recover the data? That's all I'm worried about.

my LG G2 went totally dead just setting on a table overnight. Was not plugged in and battery was charged sufficiently for the night. Ug, will the new one do the same thing??

Mine is dead also, tried the usual to wake it up. Had it since Dec 2013. Called AT&T and they can't do anything since it is fresh out of its 1 year warranty. Called LG and they said they would repair the phone for a price and of course he can't even tell me a ballpark figure, I just have to send the phone in and want 7 to 10 business days for an answer. This is some BS. I never had a phone just completely die for no reason. It wasn't dropped, no water damage or anything...just completely dead. I may try to crack it open and remove the battery to see if that helps.

I'm having this problem too, sadly. Has anyone been able to retrieve their data. Because to be honest, I'm ok with needing to get a replacement phone, but I am definitely not cool with losing all my data I've got almost a years worth of photos on there, and I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE backed them up, but I didn't as I've never had a phone just die on me before.