Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry More lies about battery

I've been apart of this community for years now and I have come to the conclusion that people for some self fulfilling reason simply LIE about their phones battery life. I remember folk had gotten so dishonest about battery life that they were even claiming that the PALM PRE got 24hrs of battery life!!!!! Pertaining to the LG G2 I see the same thing..Some folks claiming 50hrs of battery with 8hrs of on screen time and I can tell you the battery on this thing is horrible!!! I can barely get 3.5hrs of on screen time. Then after the phone reaches 20% charge it drains down like nothing ive never seen. Why do people lie about their phones?? It amazes me every time.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default Re: More lies about battery

Your phone is broke

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

This phone is brand new..Not even a week old

Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Your phone is broke

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Then you're doing it wrong. I can get 30+ hours with over 4 on screen time.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Lol.. Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Lol.. Impossible

This is from my G2:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/e7y2yje5.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/jenata4e.jpg

8 minutes shy of 1 day 15 hours with 6 hours screen on time. Still had an estimated hour and a half of battery left.

Posted via Android Central App

I think "truthteller" is lying.

I can go 24 hours+ on a single charge. I'm not a power user by any stretch of the imagination, but this phone battery lif is leaps and bounds better than any of my other phones..iphones 1-4S as well as the G3 and G4 I had.
    Thanked by:
    six8 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    This is from my G2:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/e7y2yje5.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/jenata4e.jpg

8 minutes shy of 1 day 15 hours with 6 hours screen on time. Still had an estimated hour and a half of battery left.

It's easy to charge your phone from a low charging power source

It's easy to charge your phone from a low charging power source

There was no charging involved.
    At any rate, looking at some of your other posts, I'd have to say you are either trolling the g2 forum or are extremely dissatisfied with your purchase of a g2.
    If it's the latter, get rid of it and get something else. Perhaps a DROID Maxx would better suit you.
    If it's the former, well then that's just pathetic.

In the event that you decide you'd like to keep the g2, and would like to know why you're not getting the normal battery life others are seeing, then post a thread asking for help, get up some battery stats, and you'll find most folks here willing to help you figure out what's going wrong with your particular device.

Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Lol.. Impossible

Ok, whatever you say

If you have something constructive to add to the solution then please post it. If your here to make one line comments that add nothing then please just move along.

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

My G2 doesn't get anywhere close to the battery life I've seen on this forum but that's probably because my home and work is in a poor reception area. This is still the best phone I've owned for battery life though.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Once I charge to 100 percent Ill share my stats but it's abysmal so far

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I'm willing to guess there is something you are doing or have done that is creating a battery draw on your phone. Or possibly something defective with your device. I seriously doubt there is a forum full of conspirators lying in unison about their battery life. I leave my screen at 100% and am a heavy user.....and I seldom have any issues making it through the day, something I can't say about any phone I've had since my first blackberry curve.

I'd suggest downloading something like GSam Battery, that way you can post more info, such as radio strength and wake locks. The more info you give, the better the help.

@scottcraft made a good point. If you are in an area with poor reception, battery life will be bad as with any phone. Can you supply some information about your phone, apps you have installed, reception in your area? Just calling people liars and saying "this phone has terrible battery life" doesn't really open the door for a lot of help.

I can tell you from my own experience this phone has the best battery life of any phone I've owned, by far. Most people on here will probably tell you that, it doesn't make them liars. What your experiencing doesn't sound normal for this phone, so why not post some constructive information and see if someone can help you get to the bottom of it.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I will download gsm.. Seems like a good application.. I'll reply back with results

below is a crazy pic of a slow weekend of just checking email now and then and maybe a few texts.
    but wish I still had my screen shot with recent battery life and screen time to show co-workers.... 40 hours to 8% battery and 5 hours screen time.
    normal usage for me is 24 hours and still over 60% before i plug in when i wake up and let it charge fully before going to work.
    coworker with lg g2 and less than impressive battery life is now getting same type of performance and he is a much heavier user after fooling with it and disabling some services.
    Sorry to hear your phone sucks... but it's not a lie and calling people liars is sad.

More lies about battery-screenshot_2013-12-24-20-39-35_zpsfef18fe0.png
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

It may be tmobile specific.. Idk

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

But people do lie about battery life

Yeah, I do know that does happen.

But personal experience from iphone 1, 3g ,4s and Nexus 4 last year... this has been the best phone I've had for battery life... all the others it would be hard to get morning to night and omg with the nexus 4 when having a busy day it sucked worrying about running out of battery by 3pm or not much left for after work. so nice to be able to go 24 without having to think about battery. i'll try to never buy a phone at this point that wont go 24 hours.

But people do lie about battery life

Few posts removed. The is no need to educate the moderation team on how to perform our duties, Thank you.

Carry on!

Paul

Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Battery life varies by person. I don't care what phone, carrier, OS you have. No two people are alike in their usage. It's a debate that can go on forever, just make the best of what you can out of your device for you.

Not to say some phones don't have bad battery life but much depends on all the factors I mentioned above.

Paul

Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

My friend I have owned every phone that you say I didn't have.. The difference between us is that I have no brand loyalty and is more than happy to refute the lies people tell.. I discovered that people do lie way back when palm pre supposedly got 48 hours usage.. Smh

Ohhh...So now it's a "friend" and yourself who have owned all those phones...Thanks for clearing that up. I still say you simply change your tapatalk app signature to whatever model phone you want to troll on at the time, but until a mod calls you on it, it's out of my hands.
    Thanked by:
    six8 

I think we're done here before I start issuing infractions.

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android

Paul