Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got this phone - LG G2 - Concerned about Battery Life

Just got this phone. Verizon opened it at 93% but it said there was only 4 hour battery left. Is this because its a brand new phone?

Default re: Just got this phone - LG G2 - Concerned about Battery Life

You need to use the phone for a while before battery predictions become more accurate.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i just threw it on the charger now gonna take a nap.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

should i take it off and just download apps?

Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    should i take it off and just download apps?
    Do what you'd like with it

I'd suggest gsam battery for monitoring but you'll slowly realize you're less concerned with battery life then before due to sheer staying power

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

whats gsam battery?

whats gsam battery?
    An app in the play store. Helps you investigate if you notice strange battery behavior

Just got this phone - LG G2 - Concerned about Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1391709142053.jpg

Ambassador
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

oh ok. just hope my battery actually gets better results then 4 hours at 96% when the battery is a 3000mAh

oh ok. just hope my battery actually gets better results then 4 hours at 96% when the battery is a 3000mAh
    I'm sure it will. The estimated use time will adjust to your particular usage. The longer you use it the bette prediction you'll get

Ambassador

Actually it should get better after 4-6 charge periods (10% to 100%)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app

You shouldn't really judge battery life until you had the phone for at least a week.

Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I threw it in the charger the last 3 hours while i slept. Wull be off with regular use until like 230am. Hopefully i didnt mess it up charging it so soon

Should be fine. I think you'll notice that it charges really fast (1.25-1.5 hrs. for full charge).

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

right now i am at 89% 4 hours and 55 minutes used and 1 hour and 13 minutes screen time. When i opened the phone like i siad it was at 93% or close to that and said 4 hours left. i charged it for 3 hours only so i expect that my battery will last even longer once i charge it for 10 hours.

Why would you charge it for 10 hours? Not necessary with the battery in the G2. Should get optimal battery life after a few cycles.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ok yeah cause i think this is a little fast for a 3000mAh battery so hopefully after a few nights it will be fine. and when i say ten hours meaning while im sleeping.

You're supposed to condition your phone's battery the first few times you use it. Charge it and then use it until the battery and phone dies completely. Don't charge it if there is still a 75% charge left on the phone.

I'm actually getting pretty good battery life on my g2, particularly standby time. That 4hrs left isn't accurate one bit. I got a good 70+hrs of standby time from my phone the first time I conditioned it.

There is no need to condition lithium ion batteries. Older batteries had a memory effect, but this is not the case with lithium ion. Discharging from 100 to 0 can actually damage the long term health of the battery. Best thing to do is avoid deep discharges (80-20 is good).

Thanked by 2:
    ffejjjOzRob 
    Adawg1203 and ffejjj like this.

^ agreed!
    Old habits die hard. Lithiums have been standard in phones for nearly a decade yet people are still treating them like the old NiCads
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    You're supposed to condition your phone's battery the first few times you use it. Charge it and then use it until the battery and phone dies completely. Don't charge it if there is still a 75% charge left on the phone.

Absolutely not true.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Just got this phone - LG G2 - Concerned about Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by Adawg1203 View Post
    Absolutely not true.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Yep, discharging the battery all the way is bad for its life span, don't do it

Here is what i know about lithiums. Maybe someone can correct me where it's wrong

--you can charge them as and when required.
    This means that you can plug in your charger when they reach (say) 79% and take off the charger when they reach (say) 91%. This type of charging doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever, unlike older batteries, because there is no memory. It doesn't matter when you plug in the charger and it doesn't matter when you take out the charger. You don't have to unplug at 100%, and it makes no difference.
    To maximise the life of a lithium, as a general rule, plug the charger in anytime after around 30%. Deep dischages (ie discharging down to around 0% to 5%) regularly can put a strain on the battery and shorten their life.

--lithium is highly volatile. For this reason they have lots of inbuilt safety mechanisms. One of the mechanisms is to prevent them from either over charging or from fully discharging.
    For overcharging, the charger will switch off the current at 100% (if you leave it plugged in overnight it will drain to about 90% or so and the then start charging back up to 100% again, and this cycle will continue until you unplug it. You will be able to see this behaviour on a graph when you use an app such as Android Tuner)
    For discharging, it's recommended that they are not drained to 0%. Although it says "0%" it's actually not 0% because that would cause some serious damage.

--the most ideal charge cycle for lithiums is to charge from (very approx) 40% to 80%

--Some sources say that it's useful to deep discharge them down to "0%" not more than once per 60 charge cycles(plugging in at 50% and then discharging them back down to 50% is half a charge cycle). Otherwise, avoid discharging it down so low

--heat is the worst thing for lithium batteries. Hypothetically, if you (say) browse the web for 5 hours when you're in the hot midday sun(NB this of course assumes you live somewhere other than the UK where it's permanently cold, wet, and miserable), then your battery will dischartge more quickly than if you did exactly the same at cool room temperature
    Last edited by RobotHeaven; 02-08-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    tsells likes this.

As of the time of this post, my phone is at 67% battery left. My usage on battery is 11 hours 37 minutes. Screen on time is only 2 hours 26 minutes. Yesterday I had almost 4 hours screen on time, 17 hours usage on battery and I had 47% battery left at that time. Needless to say, it gets really good battery life for me.
    Thanked by:
    ffejjj likes this.

I like your icon. Best super hero /villainever thanks for this post I currently have the gs4 I listen to music maybe 5 to 6 hours a day at work all streaming and my battery doesn't last 2 hours so I bought a 7500 mah one. But I wonder if the lgg2 battery will be better.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My G2 battery usually drains about 10-15% per hour when streaming podcasts and music.

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast