LG G2: problem when flashing customROM 4.4 AOSP

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!!

So, i'll just dig right in I guess. Firstly, i'm asking here 'cuz frankly the people at XDA can be kind of...rude about things, and you guys have been GREAT to me so far.

so, Heres my sitaution. I have a g2 d803, telus canada.

running stock, rooted.

I tried to flash Paranoid android 4.4.2 ([AOSPA 4.4.2 KOT49H] PARANOIDANDROID 4.0+ G2 [beta4][02/05] - xda-developers) On it using the D803 link of course. It didn't work. I keep getting FAILED.

I wiped system/dalvik/cache/data, tried beta 4 and 5. I downloaded GAPPs. I am on the current twrp, I think? not sure how to check.

I get this error every time, on both rom versions:

" Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping Md5 check:no MD5 file found.
verifying zip signature.....
set_metadata_recursive:some filesfailed "

Considering this has happened on 2 betas, and no one else in the thread is saying this is happening, i'm really confused. ( I can't post there cuz i don't have 20 posts in xda, so i can't post in the dev section. lol )

Are you guys familiar with whats going on here?

appreciate any help thrown my way. Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: problem when flashing customROM 4.4 AOSP

Hello,

Not having the LG G2 I can't address the issue completely. But I can try to narrow down a few things.

Latest TWRP recovery, go to TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.6 - | TeamWin to check the official list of supported devices. Latest CWM, go to ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries to check the official supported list there. If the device isn't officially supported I would recommend changing your recovery to whichever developer " officially " supports it.

Failing on the MD5 check. You can change the settings from either recovery to ignore/skip the MD5 check and see if that gets it flashed. Sure the MD5 is there for a reason but if you feel confident that its been a good & complete download then you can skip this process. All its basically doing is verifying that your download file size, etc matches the same as what is on the server.

Finally I get what your saying about the crowd being a bit " rough " at other forums. You won't get that type of treatment here ;)

Hopefully some other more experienced LG G2 members can jump on this thread and give you a hand.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks paul. So, the latest twrp for bell is 2013,so i definitely have the newest one.there is a 'forget md5 on back up files' in the settings but is that just for my recovery or no?

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks paul. So, the latest twrp for bell is 2013,so i definitely have the newest one.there is a 'forget md5 on back up files' in the settings but is that just for my recovery or no?

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I think you mentioned this in the other forum, but just making sure. Before you flash the ROM with TWRP, there should be a small box for checking/unchecking MD5 file verification. Can't get a screenshot from recovery so I can't show you exactly what it looks like.

Posted via Android Central App

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I seen zip signature verification but no md5 bypass? I would'vr tried it had i seen it. Hmm, maybe its a new twrp feature and im not updated?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I seen zip signature verification but no md5 bypass? I would'vr tried it had i seen it. Hmm, maybe its a new twrp feature and im not updated?

Just booted into recovery and you're correct, it is zip signature verification. Sorry about that
Is there a specific feature about Paranoid Android you like or would you be willing to try another ROM and see if this is an isolated issue with PA?

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Nah, any aosp rom im okay with. I just want the 'nexus 5' experience, haha. I was told PA was the best is all.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Nah, any aosp rom im okay with. I just want the 'nexus 5' experience, haha. I was told PA was the best is all.

That's a first lol
I've tried out CM and SlimKat, the latter is better by far.
I'm pretty sure they support the G2 as well. The Kit Kat version is still in Beta, but it was stable from my limited use with it. 4.3 has two official builds if you don't mind being a little behind
Slimroms.net has a list of supported devices

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Also my big thing is finding a rom with d803 support cuz i dont know how flash kernels or anything. Other than that any d803 4.4.2 rom is fine with me!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Also my big thing is finding a rom with d803 support cuz i dont know how flash kernels or anything. Other than that any d803 4.4.2 rom is fine with me!

Doesn't look like it's supported by Slim :-\
Cyanogen Mod isn't a bad option either and I have heard some good stuff about Omni ROM.

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks uj, ill check it out tonight. Off to work for 8 hours. Thanks again man

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

You can flash pretty well any D802 rom (as far as i know), provided you flash a d803 compatible kernel IMMEDIATELY AFTER (before you reboot).

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I dont know how to do that gib.. If you could help id appreciate it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I dont know how to do that gib.. If you could help id appreciate it.

You flash it the same way you would the GApps or the ROM. Before swiping to confirm, hit "add more zips" and look for the kernel.
I usually avoid ported ROMs to prevent any possible issues. Stick to model specific ROMs

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Update: just had to use the new twrp. Mine wasn't updated all the way, Opps. Thanks for all the info boys. I'm enjoying PA AOSP!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Update: just had to use the new twrp. Mine wasn't updated all the way, Opps. Thanks for all the info boys. I'm enjoying PA AOSP!

Cool. Sole ROMs work with only a certain version of the recovery. Glad you got it running :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy