Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Klotar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2 G2s, same charger, different results

My wife and I both have G2s and love them (well, she likes hers less because of this issue).

I've mentioned several times to her "here, use this charger it will charge your battery really fast". After leaving it on the charger for an hour her phone has only added 10% (where mine would add 50%).

I just checked last night using the Battery Monitor Widget app and sure enough on the same charger mine starts off around 300 mA, then after a minute or two jumps to around 700 mA, then after another minute jumps up to over 1000 mA and stays there. Her phone starts at 248 mA and stays there, doesn't move up at all.

Could this be something other than a hardware problem?!?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: 2 G2s, same charger, different results

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    My wife and I both have G2s and love them (well, she likes hers less because of this issue).

I've mentioned several times to her "here, use this charger it will charge your battery really fast". After leaving it on the charger for an hour her phone has only added 10% (where mine would add 50%).

I just checked last night using the Battery Monitor Widget app and sure enough on the same charger mine starts off around 300 mA, then after a minute or two jumps to around 700 mA, then after another minute jumps up to over 1000 mA and stays there. Her phone starts at 248 mA and stays there, doesn't move up at all.

Could this be something other than a hardware problem?!?

If it's only happening with one charger, that's most likely the issue. Not the phone itself. Have you tried swapping out the cables and wall plugs to see if it's only a faulty cable or plug?
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    If it's only happening with one charger, that's most likely the issue. Not the phone itself. Have you tried swapping out the cables and wall plugs to see if it's only a faulty cable or plug?
    No, more than one. The test I did was on the exact same charger and cable, it charges my G2 really fast, but hers is charges much more slowly.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    No, more than one. The test I did was on the exact same charger and cable, it charges my G2 really fast, but hers is charges much more slowly.

Oh, OK I read your post wrong, sorry about that
    It definitely sounds like a hardware issue; if it was software related the battery would probably be draining a lot faster as well as charging slowly.
    Did you buy these recently?

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts

All I can think of to suggest is to blow out her micro-usb connector with compressed air, might be some pocket lint or fuzzballs in there preventing good solid contact. Possibly also ensure the connector is pushed in all the way (some cases prevent the connector from going into the usb port fully).
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless
    Thanked by 2:
    Mikey47UJ95x 
    razr maxximus and UJ95x like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    All I can think of to suggest is to blow out her micro-usb connector with compressed air, might be some pocket lint or fuzzballs in there preventing good solid contact. Possibly also ensure the connector is pushed in all the way (some cases prevent the connector from going into the usb port fully).
    BINGO! Lint had collected in there. A couple blasts of air and hers goes up over 1000 mA now too.

I guess this proves that lint is a poor conductor of electricity!