Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GibMcFragger
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: Hole on top of phone?

Hi!

So here's the story: Just got my new LG G2 in the mail. I was trying to open the sim card tray by pressing down the tool that came with the phone into what I assumed to be the sim tray opener hole. Since I appear to be retarded I actually pressed down into the hole on top of the phone instead. I felt it go *pop* and go down. What could I've broken? What is that hole for? I'm sort of sad if I broke something :/

/Thanks in advance
    Daniel
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Default Re: Hole on top of phone?

I'm pretty sure it's the noise cancelling mic. Sim tray is on side of phone.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the noise cancelling mic.
    Do you think I might have broken it?

Is there any way to test if it's working like intended still?

You definitely broke it. You prob punched a hole in the mic. You didn't think to use the hole right beside the SIM tray?

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GibMcFragger View Post
    You definitely broke it. You prob punched a hole in the mic. You didn't think to use the hole right beside the SIM tray?

I defenetly made a mistake there, but is there any way of testing for sure?
    How will it affect the phone if that mic is broken?
    Thanked by:

Ya it's most likely broken. Which G2 do you have? The AT&T variant has 2 noise cancelling mics (on top and back), so you would still have another working mic. What you've done may have changed call quality. Test it out on a call to see if there's a difference in call quality.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hey, I just tested recording video with sound, and first I covered the top mic with my finger and spoke, then I uncovered the top mic and spoke again. The sound got clearer as soon as I uncovered the top mic with my finger. Does this mean It's still working perhaps? (I also covered the bottom mic during this)

PS: It's not an AT&T model, its an international model.

The top mic might still be ok. The real test would be call quality.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    The top mic might still be ok. The real test would be call quality.

Would there be a significant reduction in quality? Because I made some calls and the quality was clear and fine. This was in a non-noisy enviroment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokepi View Post
    Would there be a significant reduction in quality? Because I made some calls and the quality was clear and fine. This was in a non-noisy enviroment though.
    The difference in call quality when I covered the mic was noticible but not drastic. The mic is probably working properly if you didn't notice anything in video, sound and call quality tests.

If call quality seems OK, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Default Re: LG G2: Hole on top of phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokepi View Post
    Hi!

So here's the story: Just got my new LG G2 in the mail. I was trying to open the sim card tray by pressing down the tool that came with the phone into what I assumed to be the sim tray opener hole. Since I appear to be retarded I actually pressed down into the hole on top of the phone instead. I felt it go *pop* and go down. What could I've broken? What is that hole for? I'm sort of sad if I broke something :/

/Thanks in advance
    Daniel
    It sounds like you may have dislodged it. Shouldn't be top much of an issue it just won't work as good as before.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Buying a smart phone doesn't make the owner a smart user. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS

Posted via Android Central App

All I know is that I'd be depressed.

Must be something about LG owners and SIMs. A friend of mine received his new g2 delivered to work. He opened it, inspected it and fell in love with it.

Wanting to devote his entire evening to playing with it he decided to box it back up and take it home. But before he did he took the nano to micro sim adapter he had also bought and placed it ON IT'S OWN WITHOUT A SIM in the sim tray for safe keeping.

When he got home and tried to open the sim tray he found it was stuck because the empty sim adapter had allowed the connectors inside the phone through its middle and was gripping it and not letting go.

He spent six hours trying to work it free, using thin bits of plastic and pushing them through a two millimetre gap to push the connectors back.
    He managed it in the end but was too exhausted, physically and emotionally, to play with the phone that night.

I laughed. Hard.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Sincs View Post
    All I know is that I'd be depressed.

Must be something about LG owners and SIMs. A friend of mine received his new g2 delivered to work. He opened it, inspected it and fell in love with it.

Wanting to devote his entire evening to playing with it he decided to box it back up and take it home. But before he did he took the nano to micro sim adapter he had also bought and placed it ON IT'S OWN WITHOUT A SIM in the sim tray for safe keeping.

When he got home and tried to open the sim tray he found it was stuck because the empty sim adapter had allowed the connectors inside the phone through its middle and was gripping it and not letting go.

He spent six hours trying to work it free, using thin bits of plastic and pushing them through a two millimetre gap to push the connectors back.
    He managed it in the end but was too exhausted, physically and emotionally, to play with the phone that night.

I laughed. Hard.
    Lol that sucks, yet I'm still laughing....

Sent from my LG-D803
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel
    Rick Bell likes this.

LOLLLLLL

I just did the same and googled for answer and your thread came up LMAO

i did EXACTLY the same pushed the G pin through the microphone hole..

Now Id like to know how to test it to see if its broken or not, cause if it is then I will just return the phone

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Lads to test this problem just call someone or get someone to call you and test it out. If someone has a G2 compare their mic quality to yours.
    And next time be careful lads? :P

Not trying to rub it in, but why would anyone think the hole on top is for the sim tray when there is absolutely no sim tray in sight on the part of the phone? I understand not knowing what the hole was for, but if it opened a sim tray, there would be a sim tray clearly visible right next to it.