Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

My brother and I both have LG G2's for Sprint. However, there's a bit of an issue with the color in my screen. Mine seem to be darker and display a bit of red in white areas as opposed to his. I've had the same issue with my previous phone which was an HTC One for Sprint. My girlfriends had the One as well for AT&T, and her whites were pure white whereas mine were reddish.

Here's a picture. You may not be able to see a difference, but it's definitely there in person. My phone is on the right.

Any tips on how I can change or fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    10,003 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: Screen color differences?

I noticed that your nav bar is black whereas his is white. Is that some feature of a power saving mode? Could explain the different in tint of the colors
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its customizable in the settings menu between black and white. You can also add gradients as well.

Posted via Android Central App

You could try going into settings -> Accessibility -> tick/untick Shades

Incidentally, i've recently started using an app called Lux and that allows you to change the reddishness for nighttime settings (it's claimed that blue whites at night are harmful to people's sleep and health). I've uploaded 2 screenies to show you the difference between the blue/white and red/white, so maybe that app could help because it will make it more like your brothers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen color differences?-screenshot_2014-02-10-15-11-05.jpg   Screen color differences?-screenshot_2014-02-10-15-10-49.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Double post. Apologies.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I tried the tick/untick and it still looks the same.

I already tried Lux (Apologies for not stating that earlier in the first post, that's the only method I tried myself so far.), and it didn't help at all. The screens color mode is set to 6500k by default. I'm starting to think it's the panel instead, which I really hope it isn't.

Any more suggestions? Welcome to any!