Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unable to Search Contacts by Last Name Only (Last Name = Numbers)

I do store tech support for a coffee company with over 150 stores. I have contacts synced to my Exchange account with the first name Store and the last name their store number. With my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) I could do a search contacts and just enter the last name, such as 354 and it would bring up Store 354. With the LG G2, if I type in just 354 it will only bring up phone numbers that have 354 in it. Store 354 does not show up in the results. If I type in "Store 354" it shows up. Is the phone seeing "just numbers" in my search query and thinking it doesn't need to search names? Is there any setting I can change to fix this? Thanks.

Default Re: Unable to Search Contacts by Last Name Only (Last Name = Numbers)

Why is it that when I try and search for a contact name which I know exists such as "HPD" in contacts it gives me every contact that works for HPD first and then lists the contact name HPD. I have 200+ people in my contacts that work at HPD and I have to scroll through all of them to get to the contact HPD.

How do I change it so that it searches names first?