Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobotHeaven
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newbie Questions

I ordered an LG G2 and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I had a couple questions:

1. When you first get the G2, does it matter if you charge it up all the way before playing with it? In the LG manual it says to charge it up completely before using it.

2. I have seen articles about people installing the nexus 5 kit kat launcher on other android phones. Has anyone done this on the lg g2 and if so, does it run well?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Newbie Questions

I cannot answer #2. I don't have a G2.

However, for #1, I would follow that. Especially if you leave it off and charge it, it should be done relatively quickly. I know that will be hard with the new toy looking at you in the face, but Lg most likely recommended that for a reason.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

^
    agreed

For 1) It will already be charged to about 70% or 80% anyway, so before switching your phone on, plug the charger in and wait around an hour before taking it off the charger and switching on
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

They say you are supposed to charge it fully first, but you don't have to. With the lithium-polymer batteries they use now, you don't have to be as careful.

As for the KK launcher, it runs fine.... as does any other launcher. The G2 rocks!

Sent from my rooted, Xposed D803 on Dorimanx Kernel.
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    I ordered an LG G2 and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I had a couple questions:

1. When you first get the G2, does it matter if you charge it up all the way before playing with it? In the LG manual it says to charge it up completely before using it.

2. I have seen articles about people installing the nexus 5 kit kat launcher on other android phones. Has anyone done this on the lg g2 and if so, does it run well?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I didn't charge mine fully when I had a new one from Sprint and had no issues, I currently have a Verizon branded G2 that I bought used, no idea if the original owner charged it fully but it has zero battery issues as well.

As to the second question, I haven't tried it myself but thought Id mention that you might want to give the stock launcher a go for a few days. I personally think that it is very good with lots of customization and several unique features.

Charge it to how much battery you need... lol ..it doesnt really matter... as long as it has battery then keep using it!
    I have the Google experience launcher ... it runs fast and recognizes my "okay google now" pretty well...The Icons are huge though be warned.... if you're into the whole google now then thats awesome.. but if you want just stock android then Nova, Apex and other launchers work well too... try the stock LG launcherr too!