Text Messages

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am eagerly waiting the arrival of my LG G2 I ordered two days ago and had a question about the stock text messaging app. How do you guys like it? Does the text messaging feature of Hangouts work on the LG G2?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the stock messaging app. Don't like how it looks and the messages take up too much space. Hangouts works fine for texting, but I switched to Contacts+ for a better texting app and dialer.

The keyboard isn't great either. I suggest SwiftKey or Swype.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I for one like the stock messaging app. I've tried ninja, textra, evolve, and 8sms. Each one had something I didn't like when compared to the stock app. Im fond of how little space the pop up uses, and how it will just go away if I ignore it.

I agree that the keyboard stinks. I have swiftkey, though I'm currently using Kii.

Posted via Android Central App

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I also like the stock messaging app and if you don't like the looks of it you can skin it natively, You can also set a global theme for all text messages or individual ones on a per contact basis. You can also skin the stock keyboard as well as enable swype like input. I hated being forced to use hangouts on the Nexus 5 as it just isn't that great a messaging app at this point and has virtually no customization available at all.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm with AT&T so the stock app doesn't support group messaging which is a deal breaker for me.

Textra has been the best messaging app i've tried for the G2 and recommend it.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm with AT&T so the stock app doesn't support group messaging which is a deal breaker for me.

Textra has been the best messaging app i've tried for the G2 and recommend it.

By group messaging you mean sending a text to multiple people right? Or is it something more? Because I'm using the stock messaging app on the AT&T rom and can send to multiple people just fine as well as receive texts sent to multiple people.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
you can send a message and address to multiple people... but i forgot whether the issue was that it sends it as an individual message to each recipient or when people send you group messages, it will send it to you as an individual message.

By group messaging you mean sending a text to multiple people right? Or is it something more? Because I'm using the stock messaging app on the AT&T rom and can send to multiple people just fine as well as receive texts sent to multiple people.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't really like it myself. The text is too bloody large. I have tried a few replacements and keep coming back to Textra.

Sent from my rooted, Xposed D803 on Dorimanx Kernel.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't really like it myself. The text is too bloody large. I have tried a few replacements and keep coming back to Textra.

You know you can pinch the screen to shrink the text, right?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
You know you can pinch the screen to shrink the text, right?

Yes. It shrinks it from giant down to extremely large. It's still big, just not as big.

I like my text tiny, lol.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The LG stock messaging app is quite decent (changed keyboard though because it took so much space) It has some customization such as different message bubbles, wallpapers for each contact, wallpapers for the whole thread page, scheduled messaging and overall a pretty solid messaging app. However compared to Hangouts and (Google) Stock messaging app (I installed a custom rom and tried it) it is noticeably slower. There's stutters in sending and receiving messages... so I used Chomp App and it does somewhat better while keeping the customization.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently moved from Verizon note 3 to T-Mobile g2. Was a little worried about the LG skin, but I like it. I really like the default messaging app as well.