Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ATT G2 This device is suspected in rooting. Software update is not available for rooted device.

I have the ATT G2 I did root but then went back and unrooted my phone. I get the att OTA but it will not install and gives me this message ( This device is suspected in rooting. Software update is not available for rooted device.) and now my phone will reboot out the blue. do anyone know of a fix? thanks in adavance

Default Re: ATT G2 This device is suspected in rooting. Software update is not available for rooted device.

Some apps detect root by the superuser apk. The way I get around it is by changing the name of superuser to something else. Worth a try
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: ATT G2 This device is suspected in rooting. Software update is not available for rooted device.

Thanks I will try that

Posted via Android Central App

Did this work?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I had to flash back to stock firmware. I saw it on xda

That's not good news. I have not gotten the OTA yet. I purchased this phone used unknowing it was rooted. So after soft bricking the device I returned it to stock at&t firmware. I hope I don't run into this issue.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by mrbanks View Post
    I had to flash back to stock firmware. I saw it on xda

Did that work? I did the same.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

I flashed back to stock, download mode says I'm now "Unrooted" but can't seem to pull the Q update nor the new kitkat update.. tried setting date back and even using the PC Suite app..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It work for me. You should get the d update the q and kit kat

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    I flashed back to stock, download mode says I'm now "Unrooted" but can't seem to pull the Q update nor the new kitkat update.. tried setting date back and even using the PC Suite app..
    I would just be patient. I have never had much luck trying to force and OTA push.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by mrbanks View Post
    It work for me. You should get the d update the q and kit kat

When I first reinstalled the stock at&t firmware I instantly got the last OTA the one that was a preparation for Kit Kat. Do you think I will be fine once KitKat pushes to my device?

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    When I first reinstalled the stock at&t firmware I instantly got the last OTA the one that was a preparation for Kit Kat. Do you think I will be fine once KitKat pushes to my device?

ಠ益ಠ
    Should be fine. Not everyone on AT&T is getting the update at the same time.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    I would just be patient. I have never had much luck trying to force and OTA push.

ಠ益ಠ
    I just flashed KitKat (4.4.2) with the LG Flash Tool that is used to unroot and get back to stock. Everything seems to be working fine.

LG G2 D80020c AT&T ONLY Kit-Kat Firmaware - xda-developers
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    I just flashed KitKat (4.4.2) with the LG Flash Tool that is used to unroot and get back to stock. Everything seems to be working fine.

LG G2 D80020c AT&T ONLY Kit-Kat Firmaware - xda-developers
    Awesome. I have still not received the OTA which is fine, I usually get them pretty late. But I put my phone in download mode and it registers as "UNROOTED" now so I am sure I will be good to go. I have never rooted a phone so this is all new to me. I did not know you could "UNROOT" it. Now I know.